For those complaining about the officiating... | The Boneyard

For those complaining about the officiating...

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Yeah, they called a tight game with lots of cheap fouls. Not only that, but I've never seen so many stoppages to dry the floors with towels.

However, this was the exact type of game pace that we needed. Even though it was a neutral site game, it was a clear Oregon crowd and virtually an away game. The constant stoppages really prevented Oregon from getting momentum and, thusly, getting the crowd in the game.

Oregon tried 2 or 3 dunks that probably would have sparked the crowd and given them momentum, but they didn't go in.

The officiating overall was tight, but there's no doubt that overall, it benefitted the good guys.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I had two general complaints:

1) A big thing about reffing is consistency. We had as many fouls called on us in the first 6+ minutes of the second half as we had in the entire first half. It felt as if the zebras decided Oregon wass supposed to win and they needed to help.

2) I thought thge circle under the hoop was off limits for defending layups. Twice in the last few minutes last night a physical block by Oregon in that circle stopped a UConn basket (coincidentally shortly after we were called for a foul on the other end) with no call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom