OT - for the volleyball folks - in case you missed it | The Boneyard

OT - for the volleyball folks - in case you missed it

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Assume most of those who follow heard that David Rubio retired from the HC Women's Volleyball job at Arizona. 30 years.

Before coming to Arizona, he won a Natty at a lower division with Cal State Bakersfield. At Arizona, he made only one final four but was fairly often in the tourney. Results have been declining, which is part of why he decided to retire.

Charita Stubbs, his long time assistant who played here 30 years ago takes over.

Just thought to post it in case anyone missed it.

And now, back to Women's Basketball.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Assume most of those who follow heard that David Rubio retired from the HC Women's Volleyball job at Arizona. 30 years.

Before coming to Arizona, he won a Natty at a lower division with Cal State Bakersfield. At Arizona, he made only one final four but was fairly often in the tourney. Results have been declining, which is part of why he decided to retire.

Charita Stubbs, his long time assistant who played here 30 years ago takes over.

Just thought to post it in case anyone missed it.

And now, back to Women's Basketball.
Seemed like a great coach and rep for the sport. He had a couple of great teams in the early 00s. I haven't followed the program closely the last decade plus but have read that despite not great results, his players often improved significantly over their time there.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Seemed like a great coach and rep for the sport. He had a couple of great teams in the early 00s. I haven't followed the program closely the last decade plus but have read that despite not great results, his players often improved significantly over their time there.
Absolutely. A bit of a character, but yes, considered a superb coach.

I don't know that much about Volleyball (watch the late NCAA tourney each year, on TV, have season tix here but have only gone to a few games and not in quite a number of years) but my guess would be perhaps some of his approach wasn't the most modern. They were usually good for one major upset a season on the plus side and often got upset out of the tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom