For the Rutgers fans who boast the Scarlet Empire State Building | The Boneyard

For the Rutgers fans who boast the Scarlet Empire State Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is old but I haven't seen it posted.
BNH6-kpCEAExefq.jpg:large

Reaction Score

You should send this over to the B1G.

Big Ten Conference
James E. Delany
Commissioner
1500 West Higgins Road
Park Ridge, IL 60068-6300
(847) 696-1010
Fax numbers:
Admin. (847) 696-1150
Comm. (847) 696-1110

Dear Mr. Delany. I understand you wish to capture the NYC market as part of the B1G expansion. You forgot a university. Sincerely, UConn.

Reaction Score
It looks just be an ad outside American Eagle offices, but its still better than paying to brag about something.

Reaction Score
It looks just be an ad outside American Eagle offices, but its still better than paying to brag about something.

Regardless, it is positive exposure for your university ... unlike some of us are getting in the B1G which is self inflicted.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

The best part of this pic is that is Times Square pub for our baseball team.

Also, is this the same corner that the Gareth Bale ad has been up on to advertise NBC Sports getting BPL?

Reaction Score
RU didn't pay for anything...it was done for the local favorite!The 24hr Times Square sign with Brian Leonard every 5 minutes was tho by an old wealthy alumni I believe!Whats the hangup about RU being NYC's favorite FB team?It just is what it is!Be happy your in the picture with a few others!No doubt UConn would help RU and the B1G lock it down tho!...btw That pic is just a paid ad whats the big deal?I think your confusing RU with SU who pays for outfield Yankee stadium and taxi cab advertisement announcing that they are NY's college team?

Reaction Score
RU didn't pay for anything...it was done for the local favorite!The 24hr Times Square sign with Brian Leonard every 5 minutes was tho by an old wealthy alumni I believe!Whats the hangup about RU being NYC's favorite FB team?It just is what it is!Be happy your in the picture with a few others!No doubt UConn would help RU and the B1G lock it down tho!...btw That pic is just a paid ad whats the big deal?I think your confusing RU with SU who pays for outfield Yankee stadium and taxi cab advertisement announcing that they are NY's college team?

This is just a lie.

Reaction Score
This is just a lie.
Who do you write a check too on a minutes notice to borrow the lighting on the hat of the ESB in scarlet?NYC gets caught up in CF hoopla like anyone else!Lie?Strong wording!!Remember RU is in the middle of the NY/NJ demo!!!

Reaction Score
I don't know myself?It just appears to be a booster or privately paid for ad like several other posters pointed out !?!

It looks like it's outside of American Eagle, a prominent Big East sponsor.

Reaction Score
Anybody can pay to have that done. It's good marketing though, the type that UConn'd probably never do.
It would have to be anticipated well in advance to have time to organize it and they appeared to be spontaeneous!?!I'm not really sure tho myself?Id doubt it tho!

Reaction Score
It would have to be anticipated well in advance to have time to organize it and they appeared to be spontaeneous!?!I'm not really sure tho myself?Id doubt it tho!

It had to be set up in advance regardless. Not hard for RU to put a deposit down in the event of a win.

Reaction Score
It had to be set up in advance regardless. Not hard for RU to put a deposit down in the event of a win.
Boat,I think RU is too thrifty to spend money on something that "might happen" lol !!

Reaction Score
Nicky Ihave a bone to pick with you. What RU board do you post on and is it under your handle here? The reason I'm questioning you is you are so quick to chastise UConn fans any time a post mentions anything deprecating RU. For the past year RU has been pointing out our failures and puffing their chests as though they have accomplished something on the field of athletics while letting the rest of the BIG EAST carry them financially for years. They insult us worse than anything this board can say about them, 3which is mostly the truth. Go back and read their board for the last 6 months.

As for PeeCVee and Louisville if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Louisville is a poor academic school,. deal with it.
a

Reaction Score
But New Jersey has such fertile recruiting grounds and RU got just enough of them to finish in the middle of the Big East year in-year out!!!

Reaction Score
Nicky Ihave a bone to pick with you. What RU board do you post on and is it under your handle here? The reason I'm questioning you is you are so quick to chastise UConn fans any time a post mentions anything deprecating RU. For the past year RU has been pointing out our failures and puffing their chests as though they have accomplished something on the field of athletics while letting the rest of the BIG EAST carry them financially for years. They insult us worse than anything this board can say about them, 3which is mostly the truth. Go back and read their board for the last 6 months.

As for PeeCVee and Louisville if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Louisville is a poor academic school,. deal with it.
a
UConnell,I read RU's rivals board as a lurker but Im not a member as Im happy with where they are and feed off others comments who have long suffered!I did try to help Tim Pernetti keep his ADs job on a FB page set up just on his behalf but only involve myself in things that interest me and I read your board and SU's for awhile and found your's (BY) most interesting and your cause just so I felt compelled to try to reach out and give what moral support I could as I know how I would have felt if you guys went to the ACC with Cuse "which you should've" and the burden was left to RU to hold up Eastern FB all alone !You guys got a raw deal and it irks me to see others rejoice at your misfortune especially those selfish SU fan . cheerleaders that call themselves fans but gush at the misfortune of a former BE brother!I hope after reading my overall posts you can see my reasons are not selfish or noble but if I wasn't an RU fan I would follow UConn as I see us as similar schools with similar problems!Also I think Cardsfan has gone to far with the board and I don't agree with his comments!I just get irked with so much RU bashing and once in the while I feel compelled to bash back at the individual commenter!I hope I gave you a satisfactory answer to your question!....btw Yes Ive seen nasty comments about UConn on RU's board but nothing like what BC or SU's crazy compulsions with our schools(SU is jealous of RUs FB success altho moderate but recruiting is really hurting them as SU recruiting in NJ is dead and afraid of UConn esp in hoops and BC we all know about)and Id say 75% of RU fans sympathize with your situation!Heck I know enough to expect RU bashing now and again but I hate when it reaches SU level posting"cheerleading"!!Arrogant private schools!Sorry if Im ranting now!

Reaction Score

a
I hoped it didnt look that way and I'll try to restrain myself better in the future!Its not my intention!

Reaction Score
But New Jersey has such fertile recruiting grounds and RU got just enough of them to finish in the middle of the Big East year in-year out!!!
consider me restrained!!!LOL..

Reaction Score
OK Nick fair enough.
One other thing UConnell I always root for you guys against anyone but RU as I said before our schools have more in common than most...especially being we are both in the shadows of major megalopolis's RU(Philly/NYC) UConn (Boston/NYC),good solid academic rep's and neither cheat for advantage!I love when were on back to back and we thump bigger name arrogant so-called bluebloods!I couldn't believe RE's jump to MD as I see them as a lesser school than Connecticut.I reveled in his new teams rebellion against him and transfering out, forcing them to hire Mike Locksley who's a great recruiter but a loose cannon!I'm waiting for the fireworks to begin down there as their opposite egotistical personalities are SURE to clash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom