OT: For tennis fans | The Boneyard

OT: For tennis fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
After 7 losses in a row, Andy Murray has won the Japan Open over Rafa. I came in early in the 2nd set, after Rafa won set #1 6-3. But it was all Andy from then on, 6-2, 6-0. Yep he blanked the great Nadal. How who ever does that? Murray was brilliant in judgment & execution.
Rafa looked OK physically, but I can't remember a single instance of the Rafa-patented gallop way off court to hit a devastating winner.
Congratulations to Andy, a long time coming.

Reaction Score
After 7 losses in a row, Andy Murray has won the Japan Open over Rafa. I came in early in the 2nd set, after Rafa won set #1 6-3. But it was all Andy from then on, 6-2, 6-0. Yep he blanked the great Nadal. How who ever does that? Murray was brilliant in judgment & execution.
Rafa looked OK physically, but I can't remember a single instance of the Rafa-patented gallop way off court to hit a devastating winner.
Congratulations to Andy, a long time coming.

I think Rafa has lost some steam mentally, and that impacts him physically/technically; the last few Rafa matches I watched (admittedly against Djoko), I saw him for the first time ever resigned to losing. Rafa also tends to struggle at the end of the season, when his highly physical game has taken more of a toll.

Am not a fan of Murray though, so was not pleased about the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom