for Lou, "playing through pain is part of the game" | The Boneyard

for Lou, "playing through pain is part of the game"

Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson Has Some Unfinished Business

"Before she'd even started sweating as a professional basketball player, Samuelson had defended teammate Diamond DeShields as she went in for a layup. On the play, Samuelson took DeShields' wrist—and her Fitbit—to the face. As Samuelson finished practicing, her eye grew big and black. Afterward, with pride, she took a selfie to show off her first battle wound as a professional player. For Katie Lou Samuelson, playing through pain is part of the game."

YEAH BABY.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson Has Some Unfinished Business

"Before she'd even started sweating as a professional basketball player, Samuelson had defended teammate Diamond DeShields as she went in for a layup. On the play, Samuelson took DeShields' wrist—and her Fitbit—to the face. As Samuelson finished practicing, her eye grew big and black. Afterward, with pride, she took a selfie to show off her first battle wound as a professional player. For Katie Lou Samuelson, playing through pain is part of the game."

YEAH BABY.

It appears that Lou has the right mindset going forward: Put on your helmet and goggles and grab your lunch on your way out the door as you go to work. This is the big leagues kid. You're not in Kansas anymore. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One little correction on the article. KLS arrived at UConn with a bum ankle, which she downplayed forever until there was no more hiding. Love the smack down on the guy with (maybe) $: I've got pro ball to play.

Great article. They are all freer to talk when they leave Storrs. Nice find @schmendrick .

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun article. While I get not playing against some dudes for $100 for injury concerns etc, I would have fleeced them in a game of horse. Got to supplement WNBA salaries some how. :rolleyes:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Why did the Chicago coach allow Deshields to play wearing a fitbit? That doesn't bother anyone else? All jewelry should be removed. I also believe fingernails can be dangerous. I've played against guys with long fingernails. Believe me, it really hurts. /rant off

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom