For Coach D - PLEASE Bring us Back | The Boneyard

For Coach D - PLEASE Bring us Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What I'm noticing from the highlight is that the blocking wasn't always that great. But Donald Brown was that great. Still haven't heard much from Coach on how his approach has changed from last year, but maybe there are a few quotes I've missed.

Reaction Score
That OL from 2008 was the consistency and reliabilty that what would carry us through the emotional mess that Jasper's murder would be through to the destruction of South Carolina in the bowl game.

We need to forge a team again, but hopefully not from such painful reasons. Just the desire to compete and win. With ability, superior intellect wins.

Reaction Score
What I'm noticing from the highlight is that the blocking wasn't always that great. But Donald Brown was that great. Still haven't heard much from Coach on how his approach has changed from last year, but maybe there are a few quotes I've missed.

It wasn't always that great, but there were plenty of plays in which the first player to touch him was a defensive back. Or, in the case of that third quarter TD, one of his teammates.

That was one of the most entertaining games in the history of The Rent. Saturday night game, perfect tailgating, not a cloud in the sky, utter dominance on the field. Diaco talked about that game in his opening presser. After that game, I stopped arguing with people about whether we were a big-time football program or not.

Reaction Score
That OL from 2008 was the consistency and reliabilty that what would carry us through the emotional mess that Jasper's murder would be through to the destruction of South Carolina in the bowl game.

We need to forge a team again, but hopefully not from such painful reasons. Just the desire to compete and win. With ability, superior intellect wins.

Jasper and South Carolina happened in 2009, not 2008.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You know you remember this night.

I was there. So were you. So were all of us that will be there on Sept. 3, 2015.

When speaking with Matt Balis about his days at Virginia, he brought this game up. I told him that Donald Brown just stopped running from that game. He laughed and shook his head and said Brown was unstoppable.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That was without question my favorite offensive performance and I would give anything for the ability to do that consistently. The day after the game I was stunned by how "ordinary" the passing stats were as it looked as if we could move the ball at will against what was a very good defense. That game is evidence that you don't need any highly sophisticated scheme or ridiculous yardage to have a great (and well balanced) offense. Brown was the catalyst but what took the offense to another level was our ability to add a very effective short and medium passing attack to the mix. I told Coach Diaco personally that more than anything else I want that offense replicated. He laughed and said that was his goal.

Reaction Score
Wow, that was awesome! I had forgotten just how good DB was. Say what you want about the O-line, but most of those plays were all DB. What a playmaker!

(I also noticed on the ticker that the Mets were up on the Braves 5-0 in the eighth. Good day all around!):)

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Wow, that was awesome! I had forgotten just how good DB was. Say what you want about the O-line, but most of those plays were all DB. What a playmaker!

(I also noticed on the ticker that the Mets were up on the Braves 5-0 in the eighth. Good day all around!):)

In every clip, he made the first guy miss. Every clip.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

This was 2008? They probably blew that lead.

Reaction Score
Donald was terrific, but Edsall always managed to have a good cadre of backs and his teams could always run the ball. For whatever god forsaken reason P decided to ride McCombs like he was the second coming of Jim Brown. Of all the incompetence the stupid twins demonstrated, that was near the top of the list for me.

Reaction Score
Forgot how unbelievable DB was. In my opinion, the greatest Uconn Football Player of All Time

upload_2015-8-18_13-3-31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate