? for board | The Boneyard

? for board

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I saw a post a while back shows the present and future roster based on commits. Any idea where I can find that?

Reaction Score
I saw a post a while back shows the present and future roster based on commits. Any idea where I can find that?
I don't recall what post you're referring to. However, when I find myself in a similar situation, I use the extended search tool. It usually does the trick for me. Example below. Happy hunting.

Click on search in the top right corner, then at the bottom of the pop-up window, click on MORE. That will take you to the window below. I usually use only the items marked with red arrows. For keywords, it can take a number of different choices before you are successful. (tip: use only one keyword at a time, and try to think of a word that would be unique to the post you're looking for; this tends to minimize the number of returns that the search produces)

upload_2016-10-19_14-52-28.png

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
According to the color coded chart, UConn will have 14 on the roster next year. ( Coombs is not included on the chart.) Has UConn ever carried that many before? Does this mean someone will transfer? Preparing for slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
According to the color coded chart, UConn will have 14 on the roster next year. ( Coombs is not included on the chart.) Has UConn ever carried that many before? Does this mean someone will transfer? Preparing for slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...)
Sometime around 2001 I believe the roster hit 15, but it has generally been in the 10-12 range since. I think with the increase in transfers and the fear of injuries the coaches have expanded the 'ideal' roster beyond 12.

Reaction Score

Actually, assuming all hands are on deck, UConn will have a dozen next year. Courtney is gone. Also, in Kia's freshman year, there were 8 guards on the roster. Whatever Geno's thinking was, the recruits should have done the math and realized there would be limited playing time available. For next year, I'd like a Walker's Dozen (13).

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Actually, assuming all hands are on deck, UConn will have a dozen next year. Courtney is gone. Also, in Kia's freshman year, there were 8 guards on the roster. Whatever Geno's thinking was, the recruits should have done the math and realized there would be limited playing time available. For next year, I'd like a Walker's Dozen (13).

None of us can count. Wouldn't it be 13 if no one else commits. Yes Ekmark is gone but Coombs committed.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't recall what post you're referring to. However, when I find myself in a similar situation, I use the extended search tool. It usually does the trick for me. Example below. Happy hunting.

Click on search in the top right corner, then at the bottom of the pop-up window, click on MORE. That will take you to the window below. I usually use only the items marked with red arrows. For keywords, it can take a number of different choices before you are successful. (tip: use only one keyword at a time, and try to think of a word that would be unique to the post you're looking for; this tends to minimize the number of returns that the search produces)

best feature on this website... easy way to separate the sense from the nonsense

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

The UCONN roster next year will be 13. Hopefully 14 with MW!
The 2008-09 UCONN WBB roster was 14. Would have been 15 if EDD had decided to stay.
The 2011-2012 UCONN WBB roster was only 11. Of those 11 players 3 (Banks, Engeln & Johnson) would eventually transfer. Transfers aren't always the result of roster size because UCONN has had 4 transfers out & 3 transfers inn during the last 3 championship seasons while having 2 walkon players on the roster.

Reaction Score
Sometime around 2001 I believe the roster hit 15, but it has generally been in the 10-12 range since. I think with the increase in transfers and the fear of injuries the coaches have expanded the 'ideal' roster beyond 12.
You are correct!! Those were the years Christine had a clip board showing the minutes each kid played---I think she wasn't happy with that (as reported by Christine on a CPTV show)

Reaction Score
Can we update the recruiting page ? Some of our listed recruits have already committed to other teams. L. Williams, S Prince, .....

Reaction Score
wow, as noted, Ekmark is off and Coombs is on. Feast eyes on those 13 and appreciate what strength from top to bottom. In fact, it's sort of hard to know what's the top and what's the bottom. This will be a powerful, powerful club.

Watching Geno manage games, I'm amazed at his internal clock and how everyone seems to get fairly equal playing time when the situation warrants. I guess if you've been doing this long enough, you do have a whole bunch of separate places in your head to keep a mental count of everyone's minutes played. Or maybe CD is just mumbling to him from the bench....

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
wow, as noted, Ekmark is off and Coombs is on. Feast eyes on those 13 and appreciate what strength from top to bottom. In fact, it's sort of hard to know what's the top and what's the bottom. This will be a powerful, powerful club.
Exactly. This is something I been positively giddy about since the day Stevens signed with UCONN.
The 2017-18 UCONN roster is legit 3 deep and experienced at every position. Moster!
C: Butler, Camara, Stevens
PF: Stevens, Williams , Irwin
SF: Samuelson, Collier, Gordon
SG: Nurse, Coombs, Esponisa-Hunter
PG: Dangerfield, Bent, Nurse

HGN

Reaction Score
UcMiami, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Coaches are carrying more players on their rosters because of potential injuries. With the physical stress of practice , off season workouts and training , and games , injuries are more frequent. and in order to stay in the NC race coaches are carrying more depth.

HGN

Reaction Score
Exactly. This is something I been positively giddy about since the day Stevens signed with UCONN.
The 2017-18 UCONN roster is legit 3 deep and experienced at every position. Moster!
C: Butler, Camara, Stevens
PF: Stevens, Williams , Irwin
SF: Samuelson, Collier, Gordon
SG: Nurse, Coombs, Esponisa-Hunter
PG: Dangerfield, Bent, Nurse
CoCo , with the 2017-18 roster being at a minimum like you have listed , I see another FF. If another program wants a NC they better do it this season.

Reaction Score

Actually, the 2000-2001 team had 14 members:

Svetlana Abrosimova, Ashley Battle, Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Maria Conlon, Marci Czel, Kennitra Johnson, Asjha Jones, Jessica Moore, Shea Ralph, Christine Rigby, Kelly Schumacher, Diana Taurasi, Morgan Valley, Keirsten Walters and Tamika Williams.

Moore and Walters redshirted, so only 14 were active.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
As several have noted, coaches seem to be increasing squad size. I haven't literally counted, but in conjunction with gathering schedules for P-5 teams, I also do a chart of coaching staffs (post to come on that), usually get the coaches from the "roster" page, and have noticed large rosters for many of the teams. If 11-12 was the historic norm for most teams, I think we are seeing 13-14 and up, now, as the norm.

Reaction Score
As several have noted, coaches seem to be increasing squad size. I haven't literally counted, but in conjunction with gathering schedules for P-5 teams, I also do a chart of coaching staffs (post to come on that), usually get the coaches from the "roster" page, and have noticed large rosters for many of the teams. If 11-12 was the historic norm for most teams, I think we are seeing 13-14 and up, now, as the norm.
Insurance against transfers?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Insurance against transfers?
Partly, I suspect. Also injury. Also, regarding injury - ensuring large enough practice squads. Also, perhaps, reserve against malcontents.

Not sure, but I saw it mentioned in this thread and realized that I was thinking the same thing after eyeing about 3/4 of power 5 rosters - didn't count them, but they looked on average longer than prior years listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom