OT: For Another Day | The Boneyard

OT: For Another Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
There needs to be a frank discussion about who does, and does not, have moderator power on this board (and what that power is). I don't expect mods to think every post is brilliant, but if we want to discuss calls I would think we should be able to. To me, deleting threads should be reserved for specific reasons: 1) discussing transfer, 2) personal attacks, 3) racist/sexist/religious comments, 4) encouraging illegal behavior, etc.

Beyond that, I think deleting threads is an overreach.

Reaction Score
I'm generally for letting folks post . . .
. . . but I think we should leave the b1tching about refs to inferior programs.

I'm okay with having transfer talk and ref b1tching on the "do not post" list.

We lost tonight, regardless of how bad the refs may have been (I don't agree they were that bad).

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
But we are also ripping our own players all over the place and that is fine? Unless we have clear lines about moderator power we are all just talking about what the most conservative mod will let us talk about.

I don't even have to go past the first page to find a beer thread...is that big time during the season?

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is a place for all types of Hot Takes. It's unfair to discriminate

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
There needs to be a frank discussion about who does, and does not, have moderator power on this board (and what that power is). I don't expect mods to think every post is brilliant, but if we want to discuss calls I would think we should be able to. To me, deleting threads should be reserved for specific reasons: 1) discussing transfer, 2) personal attacks, 3) racist/s e xist/religious comments, 4) encouraging illegal behavior, etc.

Beyond that, I think deleting threads is an overreach.
I'm really sorry you're hurt that I deleted a thread about refs making a difference after we missed 10 straight shots and were providing the best dunks of the year film for them, but it was ridiculous and makes us look stupid and making excuses as fans.

If you really want to question whether I should be a mod, I suggest you send a PM to Tom.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I'm really sorry you're hurt that I deleted a thread about refs making a difference after we missed 10 straight shots and were providing the best dunks of the year film for them, but it was ridiculous and makes us look stupid and making excuses as fans.

If you really want to question whether I should be a mod, I suggest you send a PM to Tom.

I didn't call you out. I am suggesting an open dialog about moderator limits. We have clear posting rules, I think we need clear moderator rules so we know what we are, and are not, seeing on this site.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I didn't call you out. I am suggesting an open dialog about moderator limits. We have clear posting rules, I think we need clear moderator rules so we know what we are, and are not, seeing on this site.
This board is about the most liberal you will find in college sports in terms of what is allowed and who is not banned. Complaining about a post being deleted regarding refs in a game where we were down by over 25 is not going to garner a lot of support. I really suggest you get over it already. And for the second time, I'm done with this conversation. You should be too.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
even in North Korea there's sh1tty refs but you can't read about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
This board is about the most liberal you will find in college sports in terms of what is allowed and who is not banned. Complaining about a post being deleted regarding refs in a game where we were down by over 25 is not going to garner a lot of support. I really suggest you get over it already. And for the second time, I'm done with this conversation. You should be too.

Please stop making this about you.

Reaction Score

I agree with WestHartHusk on this. People come here to discuss the games and sometimes vent. Unfortunately tonight the refs were a big part of the game. There's a lot of other useless on the boneyard and very little talk about the games , so let's start deleting threads when we're having a bad game so we don't " look bad" to lurkers from other teams. Any unbiased basketball fan who watched that game could see the officiating was one sided. This is a BASKETBALL board, let people post about ' in games!

Reaction Score
I don't see a problem with talking about how the game is officiated. Whether they lose by 25 or 6, if the officiating sucked then let's talk about it. To delete the threat is ridiculous, but that is just my opinion.

Reaction Score
i agree, to talk about the officiating shouldn't be removed. It's part of the game. Who gives an what the other fan bases think of us or our board, our board doesnt speak for ollie or the players on the team and doesnt represent the views of the entire fanbase. I agree some stuff should be removed when it clearly violates board rules but a topic about officiating?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The difference is talking about officiating (which I think was really bad) and talking about it costing us the game with 8 minutes left. If you want to start a thread about how bad the officiating has been in this games or all games in the AAC, I have no problem with it. If you post suggesting it cost us the game, there's no reason for the thread.

I've mentioned it several times in the chat and probably here as well, one of the issues with being in the AAC is that we're going to get 2nd or 3rd tier refs. They are probably way more influenced by the crowd than a top tier ref. Games on the road are just going to go that way and equally in our favor at home.

But complaining about refs taking our starters off the floor when we are down more than double digits look ridiculous on the board.

If everyone wants me to never delete a ref thread again, I can live with that.

Reaction Score
I see no reason we shouldn't be able to talk about the officials. I think everybody would acknowledge that they're well down the list of problems, but when they make a couple calls like they did tonight, it's newsworthy nonetheless. Jleves is a good mod but this seems like a miscalculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom