For all the simpletons out there .... | The Boneyard

For all the simpletons out there ....

Reaction Score
Turning point was simple , 4-5 mins left , we are up 5 - Bouk misses foul shot- , zegarowski comes back, hits the and one- sanogo gets his fourth foul - RJ Cole gets concussion - gaffney takes stupid ass drive - ball game- night night. Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to notice that. Question is , why wud gaffney take that shot? Hurley should of told him in huddle- under no circumstance - unless yer open - should u try to create- and that folks was ball game . Wudda been great to look forward to Gtown tmrw night. Shame. Signing off till selection show on Sunday. Peace fellas.

Reaction Score
Turning point was simple , 4-5 mins left , were up 5 - Bouk misses foul shot- , zegarowski comes back, hits the and one- sanogo gets his fourth foul - RJ Cole gets concussion - gaffney takes stupid ass drive - ball game- night night. Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to notice that. Question is , why wud gaffney take that shot? Hurley should of told him in huddle- under no circumstance - unless yer open - should u try to create- and that folks was ball game Wudda been great to look forward to Gtown tmrw night. Shame. Signing off till selection show on Sunday. Peace fellas.
Reminded me of that Chong play in the women’s game those many years ago. So many questions. This game was lost to the fact that creighton had a little bit more experience. A little bit more coaching experience. A little bit more stability with the roster this year. A little bit more luck with no interruptions from the vid. Just a little bit more of little things. They just played a little less flat. However. They know damn well they will probably never beat Uconn twice in a season again after this so,adieu...

Reaction Score
Turning point was simple , 4-5 mins left , we are up 5 - Bouk misses foul shot- , zegarowski comes back, hits the and one- sanogo gets his fourth foul - RJ Cole gets concussion - gaffney takes stupid ass drive - ball game- night night. Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to notice that. Question is , why wud gaffney take that shot? Hurley should of told him in huddle- under no circumstance - unless yer open - should u try to create- and that folks was ball game . Wudda been great to look forward to Gtown tmrw night. Shame. Signing off till selection show on Sunday. Peace fellas.
You have the timeline, order of events, and details all wrong, but that was the defining stretch, yes.

Reaction Score
You have the timeline, order of events, and details all wrong, but that was the defining stretch, yes.
Maybe so. Little too many drinks. But u get my drift. Lol. The Bouk missed free throw sanogos 4th - and the 3 Then gaffney with the Assinine drive after the 3minute time out (I believe ) so...... not as off as u say. And somewhere in that span was the Cole injury Lol

Reaction Score
Did you forget to log in to the ClifSpliffy account before posting this?

Reaction Score
I thought Gaffney got clobbered... but I saw no replays and didn’t rewind it.

Reaction Score
I thought Gaffney got clobbered... but I saw no replays and didn’t rewind it.
He probably got fouled. But you're not getting that call when you jump from behind the backboard

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Cole's injury hurt, as did Sanogo's foul trouble. Bouknight didn't play his best game. Gaffney had two horrible drives down the stretch. No shame in losing this game either.

Team wasn't happy with the loss. I think they'll play good in the dance.

Only one team will cut down the Nets, and chances are it won't be us. We're a longshot, but that won't diminish their accomplishments this year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Losing play- refs let McDermott start making calls on the backcourt violation

losing play- Bouknight gets literally punched in the throat. Not a flagrant

losing play- terrible offensive foul call on Sanogo (maybe not as bad as I thought? The camera was zoomed in on an ant under the other basket)

losing play- Cole strips zegarowski, zegarowski tackles him, gets TO without possession

Reaction Score
Losing play- refs let McDermott start making calls on the backcourt violation

losing play- Bouknight gets literally punched in the throat. Not a flagrant

losing play- terrible offensive foul call on Sanogo (maybe not as bad as I thought? The camera was zoomed in on an ant under the other basket)

losing play- Cole strips zegarowski, zegarowski tackles him, gets TO without possession
I don’t know that any of thise were critical..on the Cole strip, anyway, I thought Cole tackled him and was lucky not to get called for a foul. Bouknight got hit inside going for a rebound. It happens. There was no punch involved.

Reaction Score
I don’t know that any of thise were critical..on the Cole strip, anyway, I thought Cole tackled him and was lucky not to get called for a foul. Bouknight got hit inside going for a rebound. It happens. There was no punch involved.
Also McDermott did what any coach would do...argued a call that was clearly wrong under the rules of basketball and had the refs fix it. He would be a bad coach if he did not get that corrected.

Reaction Score
Every play is critical in a one possession game
When I look back on this game, I think more of Gaffney/Martin’s wild layups that didn’t even come close to touching rim or Jackson’s early in the shot clock three that didn’t come close to touching rim. We’re all trying to look for one play that swung this and there were some tough ones, but the shot selection was bad throughout and that put us in the close situation at the end.

Reaction Score
This analysis is a little too simple. We lost for a number of reasons,

Reaction Score
This analysis is a little too simple. We lost for a number of reasons,
Maybe so -hence the thread Title -but we went from up 3 with Bouk shooting 2 free throws to down 4 in a blink. Plus there were only 5 mins left so obviously that was they key turning point

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When I look back on this game, I think more of Gaffney/Martin’s wild layups that didn’t even come close to touching rim or Jackson’s early in the shot clock three that didn’t come close to touching rim. We’re all trying to look for one play that swung this and there were some tough ones, but the shot selection was bad throughout and that put us in the close situation at the end.
There is one defining moment that changed everything. Bouk missing his 1 and 1 up 5. He blew it and the game changed radically.

Reaction Score
The big detail was they beat the crap out of us on the boards, that’s the reason they won. A 50 to 33 rebounding edge killed us, with a 17 to 9 offensive rebounding disparity, with many being easy putbacks for Creighton. Showing Carlton and Sanogo on defense AND a hi lo on offense at times would have been a wrinkle that could have evened things up around the hoop.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Well there are about 6 kids today who are hanging their heads remembering the bonehead play they made that cost the game. The thoughts of, "If I had only ... " are going to ring in their heads for years. Yeah you experts can see a play that shouldn't have been tried or a kid tried something that got him in a mess. Most of the plays mentioned were the result of a kid in the heat of battle trying to make a play. So why doesn't everyone just give them a break.

Reaction Score
I swear I told myself the same thing last night

Reaction Score
The big detail was they beat the crap out of us on the boards, that’s the reason they won. A 50 to 33 rebounding edge killed us, with a 17 to 9 offensive rebounding disparity, with many being easy putbacks for Creighton. Showing Carlton and Sanogo on defense AND a hi lo on offense at times would been a wrinkle that could have evened things up around the hoop.
This was the difference of the game too

Reaction Score
IMO the reality is we got killed on the boards, and our top 3 offensive threats didn’t play well. Hopefully in the tourney we can turn that around. They had a bad game. No way we winning that game with Cole and Martin having 7 combined points. They better than that, and they will show it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom