For a small state Connecticut can get pretty loud! | The Boneyard

For a small state Connecticut can get pretty loud!

Reaction Score
IMG_0500.JPG
Remember when Robert Griffin III said it about the Rent in 2012?

"When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player. The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M, and Nebraska."

And now Jordan Spieth is saying it too! This is what he said about the crowd noise after he holed out the bunker shot on the 18th at last year's Travelers Championship:

" I don't know if I've ever heard something like that, including a game winning shot in an NBA arena. That's as loud as it gets! I felt the ground shake!"

Hoping Randy and Danny turn around their respective programs and we can once again hear that incredible UCONN Championship crowd noise in the days ahead. I am confident they can do it!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was there for both events and they were equally as exciting! Last years crowds at Travelers was a walk down memory lane when back in the 80’s/90’s, the tourney was always in the top 10on the Tour. I hope now that Spieth has officially committed last week they will get even bigger this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The good words being spoken about the Travelers these days seem genuine. They are getting top players and they enjoy the course. Not like the old days when the defending champion would say all the right things then get disqualified on purpose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom