Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We would make adjustments , we would get tough

We would never ever get outcoached like this

This is going to hurt, sad puppy eyes in over his head

willie99

Reaction Score
We used to score bunnies off of inbounds plays, now we can't even inbound the basketball

I don't understand how we can be so fundamentally weak

Coaching malpractice

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I agree...unfortunately we look like we have never played basketball before. It is painful to watch. Bad turnovers, lazy D and selfish play just makes me cringe...It hurts me to say that I hope we can make the NIT with all the bad losses weve had thus far

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can't try to fix this all at once. Let's get an inbounds play that isn't the same lobbing it to Brimah in the corner we've been using for 4 years.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I hope we can fix some things. I am sitting at the bar watching this boiling with anger. I just want some passion. Can we get a hard foul or hard screen?! Something to show we have life

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
With that said...love Purvis's swat there

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
The play you are happy about resulted in UConn scoring no points. It meant nothing.
But it showed some heart...its better than giving up. At least be mad that we are losing...not a "meh...we a losing...there will be more games". At this point every game is important.

Reaction Score
This game was lost in the first 5 minutes. Yes we have injuries tonight but also lost to Wagner & N-Eastern, squeezed by LMU and now this. KO can recruit and inspire, coaching is still tbd. The team will be better later in the season but now just painful to watch this mess.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Love that Enoch, "LETS *CKING GOOOO!!!!" Can we get some life?!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The play you are happy about resulted in UConn scoring no points. It meant nothing.

Is that an overall, general point about the sport?

I'm assuming not, but it sounds like that's what you're saying: no plays that aren't you scoring are good plays.

Edit: Actually, I made your statement less egregious, you said that a play that scores no points means nothing. That obviously couldn't be further from the truth, so again, hope it was tongue-in-cheek or something.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is that an overall, general point about the sport?

I'm assuming not, but it sounds like that's what you're saying: no plays that aren't you scoring aren't good plays.

It only upset me because he passed up an open three to do it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It only upset me because he passed up an open three to do it.

Understood -- I didn't even know the play being discussed, so I was just commenting on the general nature of the statement.

I usually find you knowledgeable so I was surprised at that, haha

willie99

Reaction Score
well, they did leave it all on the court, they're playing hard

have to give them that

Reaction Score
I feel better about the team for this season and going forward than I did beforehand, minus the Larrier injury of course. They showed they have the talent to overcome awful unforced errors and inexperience to hang with a sweet 16 team. This year may not turn into anything, but it should lead to a solid foundation for next year. I'll be in Hartford no matter their record for the AAC tourney hoping for more "Uconn March things."

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
This is nowhere near the football diasco. Come on...
Well... 2-4 vs3-8. Similar. Lousy coaching... Similar... Losing winnable games... Similar....I could continue. My point was and still is that we underachieve due to bad coaching.

Reaction Score
If we had a full roster we would work our way through this year and make the tourney, but we have a personnel problem, and no coaching can overcome it even if we had John Wooden.

Reaction Score
well, they did leave it all on the court, they're playing hard

have to give them that
But why do they only play hard after they get down 10-15 points? To me, THAT is the issue. It looks like we open every game completely unprepared and the next thing you know we're down 15 points and the guys start playing. That HAS to be on the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom