Football scholarships? | The Boneyard

Football scholarships?

Reaction Score
How many of the 85 football scholarships are being used this season?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How many of the 85 football scholarships are being used this season?
By my estimate, 100%.

Most years under the prior coaching regimes we often had several unused scholarships. But under Mora it has been the opposite, sometimes we seem to be one or two over. And being over is obviously not possible, so what is happening is that he manages to get a couple guys in here that look like scholarship type players that are not on scholarship.

I'm still running my tracker:

Reaction Score
I know the coaches are telling players who were promised scholarships that there are none left, but it be interesting to confirm the in fact they use all of them, even though somewhere promised the scholarships

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I know the coaches are telling players who were promised scholarships that there are none left, but it be interesting to confirm the in fact they use all of them, even though somewhere promised the scholarships
Interesting.

Well, they will have a chance in December to fix that issue for the second semester as surely there will be some departures freeing up scholarships.....but in the meantime, I can see how there is no room at the inn this fall.

I could see this issue affecting one or two LS/K/P/LB or DB which is where we seem to have some bubble talent.

Reaction Score
It is very rare that a program doesn't use its allotment of schollies. Now, do they meet all the promises to players? Some don't get full 4 year promises. Some get promised they may get them later in their run. However, unless something strange happens, the program WILL ALWAYS use all the scholarships.

Why? Because you can always give another scholarship to a senior you decide needs it or god forbid you give it to a marginal junior, you'll just likely re-up it the guy's senior year.

Worrying if we are using our full allotment or not is not a thing anybody should do around here. Trust me, they aren't just going "whoopsie" forget one. There is no "saving them for later".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom