Football Replays: Conclusive Evidence | The Boneyard

Football Replays: Conclusive Evidence

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Am I the only that thinks that rewinding a play 16 times in slow motion on a 12" tablet by definition means something isn't conclusive?

If you can't see it in 10 seconds, play on.

Half the time they get it wrong and 100% of the time it kills the flow of the game an extends these games to 3.5 hours long.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So on the forward pass/fumble replay...correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think you can review that and give the ball to UCF. If it’s called an incomplete pass then the play is dead how does what happens after the play is dead give the ball to UCF?

Also, the last pick wasn’t cleanly caught. Reviewed and still got it wrong.

But I absolutely agree with you. Anyone at home can look at it for 10 seconds know. MLB is worse though.

Reaction Score
The call on the pitch is most confusing to me. Let's say UCF doesn't recover and UCONN doesn't pick the ball up because the play was blown dead. Do the refs just sit there until the ball is picked up by one of the teams?

Of course not, because the play was called dead so everyone stopped. The ball would be placed on the line and it would be UCONN possession.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The call on the pitch is most confusing to me. Let's say UCF doesn't recover and UCONN doesn't pick the ball up because the play was blown dead. Do the refs just sit there until the ball is picked up by one of the teams?

Of course not, because the play was called dead so everyone stopped. The ball would be placed on the line and it would be UCONN possession.
I know it’s definitely the wrong play.

Reaction Score
There's non consistency play to play about "conclusive evidence." Sometimes it looks like they are just guessng and they overturn it, other times they have 9 solid angles and if the 10th looks slightly different they stick with the call on the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom