Fond Memory of The Day | The Boneyard

Fond Memory of The Day

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It was 62-50 when the refs stepped in. In that arena it had to be a double. Bitter rivals I don't think so.

It was suggested I might like this. Maybe you will.

Reaction Score
Another reason that I dislike Joe Vaszily's reffing abilities
Multiple problems on this play. I'm not sure of the " rules" but common sense
should have prevailed after reviewing the play ( IMHO ). == People could
get hurt... don't you know!

Reaction Score
I had a flabbergasm watching this one. Maybe a common foul against Aaliyah… or Jackson, maybe. And that’s absolutely a stretch. But no doubt Jackson committed an intentional or upgradeable foul. At a minimum two free throws for UConn, at a maximum Jackson could/should have been ejected. What she did was a non-basketball-related play, shoving a helpless player down and preventing her from standing.

Watching Vaszily’s initial call gesturing at Aaliyah I knew nothing fair would come of it. The refs were stuck with his boneheaded call and had to paper it over.

Reaction Score
Jackson was, as the kid's say, "being extra", in that moment. Like Bone Dog said, what Jackson was doing was not a basketball play and she should have been tossed. That part of the game is what I dislike the most. Jackson could have injured Aaliyah and if you look closer, at the last moment of the clip, Nika slipped and fell. You are looking at possibly injuring two people on one play. Hopefully over the summer, the refs are holding meetings and looking at game tape for things to improve for next year. For us middle school and high school basketball officials, we have meetings on the weekends to go over things to work on for next year and adjusting to new rules. I am sure the NCAA officials are doing much more work than us, I hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom