Focus | The Boneyard

Focus

Reaction Score
I think everyone appreciates what this team’s accomplished but we’re 80 minutes from our goal. It’s time to focus.

The University of Washington had a famous rowing team in the ‘30s that went to Germany and beat the Nazis in the ‘36 Olympics, and they had a mantra they would chant as they rowed — “MIB” — Mind in Boat. Every stroke, the cox would yell, MIB, MIB, MIB, so the rowers wouldn’t think about the physical pain, the depression economy, relationships, classes, anything…

We can enjoy the ride but for the Huskies, it’s MIC — Mind in Court — they can do this.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
going-for-me-which-is-nice.gif

Reaction Score
I think everyone appreciates what this team’s accomplished but we’re 80 minutes from our goal. It’s time to focus.

The University of Washington had a famous rowing team in the ‘30s that went to Germany and beat the Nazis in the ‘36 Olympics, and they had a mantra they would chant as they rowed — “MIB” — Mind in Boat. Every stroke, the cox would yell, MIB, MIB, MIB, so the rowers wouldn’t think about the physical pain, the depression economy, relationships, classes, anything…

We can enjoy the ride but for the Huskies, it’s MIC — Mind in Court — they can do this.
Preparation, focus and effort will be there, trust me. No one is taking these games for granted. I think the biggest challenge is for the coaches to keep the players from being too keyed up and I bet that’s all part of the plan. It’s one hell of a week with media, distractions and all. It’s killing me waiting until Saturday night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You are a history...........

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom