Focus on the positives | The Boneyard

Focus on the positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Everyone keeps talking about the negatives of the team and certain players as if no one can seem them. i dont see nearly enough threads or comments saying how well a certain player played in the game and if someone does give some praise others are quick to tear the kid apart and the thread derails. Not saying there shouldnt be some criticism but the kids are in new roles and have new responsibilities, we should be supporting them. Being only negative will make the season and this board unbearable.

Here are the negatives:
Our free throw percentage and 3pt percentage are not good and have dropped off significantly from last year, we have lost to teams we should beat and teams we had beat, other than boat we have no one who has had any significant playing time, boat doesnt have that sidekick like he was to bazz for 3 years-that was why they were the best backcourt in the nation they had chemistry and battled like brothers- if bazz was down boat took over and vice versa- we dont have that this year, although i think tsam is very capable of running the offense but no one will help him out with scoring. The only difference between last years team and this one at this point of the season is that we had bazz bailing us out. Other than boat and maybe hamilton

But here are the positives:
The whole season we have not had a a full healthy team and have been in every game except the wvu. Boat has lived up to expectations and exceeded them without someone being robin. We've out rebounded all but three teams and our leading rebounder is Facey that didnt really play last year and who looks like he is becoming an absolute stud. the kid seems to have a double double every game. his offense improves each and every game as does his confidence. the hamilton to brimah connection is great to watch. i love watching hamilton play, he hustles after every ball and follows up his own shot. Brimah has shown that he can step out and hit that 15 foot jumper, he just needs to be more aggressive rebound but i love watching him play. I actually believe Tsam will be a good player. He seems to have a nice looking jumper, great defensively and can run the offense when boat is out. I forget who it was who worked with kemba to develop that jumper he has but in a year or two i think tsam will have a nice consistent jumper. I like to look at the development of the players and see how they run the offense. Every game it seems they are becoming more comfortable with each other. We have two stud players coming in who will only help us.

just some thoughts i felt like typing before i head out and then watch the game. We lost a TON from last years team and it's going to take time to gel to get to where we can be. today is a great chance to pick up a huge win, let's get this W!

Reaction Score
I was nothing but positive the entire game and knew we had this one in the bag. ;)

Reaction Score
Omar Rodney and Terrence were all great this game. We really needed all three to step up with boat's injury and they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom