Floyd Jr. Redshirt | The Boneyard

Floyd Jr. Redshirt

Reaction Score
I get that the kid is young. He would eat Gaffney’s lunch. He’s stronger, a better shooter, and is actually a winner that doesn’t back down from anybody. If rahsool isn’t ready, Floyd needs to drop the redshirt and play 15 minutes a game.
No our team is too good for him and Diggins to see playing time.

Reaction Score
I know we're frustrated and all questioning Hurley (perhaps rightly).

But I take the opposite view. It's ******* sad that these dudes can't outplay our current players in practice.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they do. And second, practice is different than games. Remember all the hype about the season Gaff was going to have last year after the offseason? He melts in games. Diggins is a gamer.

Reaction Score
I get that the kid is young. He would eat Gaffney’s lunch. He’s stronger, a better shooter, and is actually a winner that doesn’t back down from anybody. If rahsool isn’t ready, Floyd needs to drop the redshirt and play 15 minutes a game.
Why? This team ain’t going anywhere this season.

Reaction Score
Floyd is not playing. He came here intending to redshirt. You don't change the plan mid-game in a bad loss.
That much is true think we were all fully expecting Floyd to redshirt, Diggins though no one was expecting to see him not play at all this point in the season.

Reaction Score

But I take the opposite view. It's ******* sad that these dudes can't outplay our current players in practice.
fully agree. there's no evidence or logic to support the proposition that digg and samson are outplaying those ahead of them on the depth chart during practice yet hurley is still refusing to play them for some unknown reason. digg didnt even play during the second half of the wvu and st bs games when we were down 2 starters.

Orc

Reaction Score

Scary to think that Gaffney could be our stating PG next year. Any team with him as a lead PG is CBI bound sorry

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Normally I would agree but I am not positive these kids don't shine in practice- Hurley does play favorites, at least it appears that way

Reaction Score
That much is true think we were all fully expecting Floyd to redshirt, Diggins though no one was expecting to see him not play at all this point in the season.
This is not true, you can read through all the threads here after he committed and find people talking about how his freshman year would be very little playing time because his defense isn't ready

Reaction Score
fully agree. there's no evidence or logic to support the proposition that digg and samson are outplaying those ahead of them on the depth chart during practice yet hurley is still refusing to play them for some unknown reason. digg didnt even play during the second half of the wvu and st bs games when we were down 2 starters.
Cud be true but answer me this- hate to bash the kid , but gaff does nothing. At the very least , diggins is more of a true point and can bring the ball across the timeline. AgAin for the 50th time. What u have to lose by playing diggins for a little spell? Might light a fire under gaff

Reaction Score
Absolute doomsday scenario...Cole leaves after this year and diggins is frustrated at lack of minutes and decides he can go elsewhere to get PT...our '22-23 back court will consist of Sr Gaffney, So Hawkins and rs-Fr Floyd...and that's it

It's odd having been a guard heavy team for so long and now we're seemingly bogged down with bigs. Hurley has put an emphasis on recruiting versatile players who theoretically can cover multiple positions but instead we're seeing guys that simply play multiple positions equally poorly.

I think Hurley needs another recruiting cycle or 2 to really figure out the players he needs and hopefully learn to address the roster shortcomings while continuing to load up on talent. There are certainly indications that he's learning and his solid recruiting will help cover deficiencies but it's just a tough pill to swallow that he needs more time, with this fan base that's been accustomed to continued success at the highest level for the better part of the last 30 yrs

Reaction Score
Absolute doomsday scenario...Cole leaves after this year and diggins is frustrated at lack of minutes and decides he can go elsewhere to get PT...our '22-23 back court will consist of Sr Gaffney, So Hawkins and rs-Fr Floyd...and that's it

It's odd having been a guard heavy team for so long and now we're seemingly bogged down with bigs. Hurley has put an emphasis on recruiting versatile players who theoretically can cover multiple positions but instead we're seeing guys that simply play multiple positions equally poorly.

I think Hurley needs another recruiting cycle or 2 to really figure out the players he needs and hopefully learn to address the roster shortcomings while continuing to load up on talent. There are certainly indications that he's learning and his solid recruiting will help cover deficiencies but it's just a tough pill to swallow that he needs more time, with this fan base that's been accustomed to continued success at the highest level for the better part of the last 30 yrs
If this were to happen (and to be clear I think even half of that scenario playing out is highly highly unlikely), we'd have 2 open to scholarships to bring in guards. We'd bring in other guards with at least 2 of the 3 open scholarships in that scenario

Reaction Score
Normally I would agree but I am not positive these kids don't shine in practice- Hurley does play favorites, at least it appears that way

Good God. We have watched Josh Carlton and Alterique Gilbert go from key starters to just getting minutes that no one else is there to take. Adams losing his minutes as a key sub. Your theory has utterly no factual basis. When players don’t perform AND it’s clear lesser played players are better, he makes a switch. It’s fine that you’re “not positive” that Johnson and Diggins don’t shine in practice. You’re not there. But you have no rational reason to think Diggins is better than Gaffney but isn’t playing for some reason you don’t know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom