Florida Fans Aren’t Happy | The Boneyard

Florida Fans Aren’t Happy

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Their fans are overreacting. White isn’t a bad coach their team is just young. Their primary pieces are a few freshman, a few sophomores and a grad transfer. They’ll be a good team by the end of the year.

Reaction Score
Shows you how fickle fans are. You win 20 games a season for four years straight, make the NCAA tourney three of four and they call you a bum.
*Edited to add: While bringing in elite recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
He is suppose to be POY in the SEC.
But today, he looked uninspired, think the refs kind of took him out of it.
Two of the fouls on him, including the last, were incredibly questionable. And even in limited minutes he put up 15 and 8 I believe. Also the majority of Carlton’s numbers were put up when Blackshear was out.

Reaction Score
Two of the fouls on him, including the last, were incredibly questionable. And even in limited minutes he put up 15 and 8 I believe. Also the majority of Carlton’s numbers were put up when Blackshear was out.

I thought we got a very favorable whistle, which we should enjoy. Once play starts in the American, I expect us to get screwed as a parting gift.

Reaction Score
When you're preseason top 10 and are 2 and 2 with losses to unranked teams and barely got by Towson i wouldn't be happy either if i was one of their fans. That said, they do not look like a team that deserved a top 10 ranking.

Reaction Score
He is suppose to be POY in the SEC.
But today, he looked uninspired, think the refs kind of took him out of it.
Great moment is when the student section was cheering after he fouled out with the “left right sit down” he was toying with them and got a good laugh. AG was taking his FTs and he was standing in front of his seat tapping his shoes and then as Al was in his motion for the 2nd FT he sits down and you hear the SIT DOWN! From the student section and I’m glad Al made the FT

Reaction Score
They actually had a decent amount of fans at Gampel today.

Heard a couple of them on the way out complaining how much UConn fans/team celebrated after the win. Thought it was much for a Nov game.

Reaction Score
Heard a couple of them on the way out complaining how much UConn fans/team celebrated after the win. Thought it was much for a Nov game.
Maybe. But it has been a really rough couple of years, 3 really tough seasons in a row. From the past three seasons, Uconn only has the cuse win to hang their hat on. So, other than last year's Cuse victory, this was the first really big victory. The kids should celebrate and have a little fun with this, they are pumped, they are fueled by the fans. the fans, especially who were there, need this just as much.

Reaction Score
Maybe. But it has been a really rough couple of years, 3 really tough seasons in a row. From the past three seasons, Uconn only has the cuse win to hang their hat on. So, other than last year's Cuse victory, this was the first really big victory. The kids should celebrate and have a little fun with this, they are pumped, they are fueled by the fans. the fans, especially who were there, need this just as much.
I agree with you. Let them celebrate. Wouldn't care if it was the other way around.

Reaction Score
Their fans are overreacting. White isn’t a bad coach their team is just young. Their primary pieces are a few freshman, a few sophomores and a grad transfer. They’ll be a good team by the end of the year.
1000% agree. I didn't realize how young they were either till this game. Good coach young talent, they'll be fine. I think at some point theyll start to click and they'll be off and running.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol, we aren’t that team. The one where if you lose to them, you chop the coach. That’s UConn football, not UConn basketball. Wrong sport, Gators. Thinking with the football brain again.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
Florida will be better than us in March. They have a lot of new players and need to build chemistry. This will be a good win. Their fans are bandwagon jumpers and have little experience watching how basketball teams develop over the course of a season. They're used to football where players redshirt and only upperclassmen in years 3-4-5 play.

Reaction Score
They are going to be dangerous in March. May not be a pick to win it all, but no one will want to play them in the tourney.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
They actually had a decent amount of fans at Gampel today.

They just don't know what we've been through. The players needed this win just as much as the fan base needed it. When we go on to reclaim our post as one of the nation's best and most prominent programs year in and year out, many people will point to this win as the turning point. There were recruits in the house...no way they don't want a pice of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom