Florida boys don't like cold weather | The Boneyard

Florida boys don't like cold weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I recall USF's first venture to the frozen tundra of Rentscher Field in late Nov. They lost to a mediocre UCONN team when the Bulls were pretty good.

Perhaps the long nightmare ends today.

Reaction Score
Easily the most miserable game weather wise I've attended at the rent. Was there for the monsoon against Louisville. The ice and snow games against USF and some bitter cold games. Today was absolutely miserable.

Reaction Score
Easily the most miserable game weather wise I've attended at the rent. Was there for the monsoon against Louisville. The ice and snow games against USF and some bitter cold games. Today was absolutely miserable.

^^^^ This ^^^^

Gonna pay for it tonight. Worth every moment tho!!! Now if the damn heater would start blowing!!

Reaction Score
We left our wet seats to go stand under the stands. Only problem was there were monsoon winds and it was freezing. Thank goodness the Huskies came through. That warmed us up. Great win!!

Reaction Score
Today was different. The misery was instant from the time you got in your seat. The combination of rain, wind, and cold was brutal. The. UCF kick return team didn't want to bexout there

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Today was different. The misery was instant from the time you got in your seat. The combination of rain, wind, and cold was brutal. The. UCF kick return team didn't want to bexout there

The worst game I was at was Rutger's in 05 or 06. Today seemed worse.

Reaction Score
Yeah standing out there for four hours was absolutely brutal. On the plus side, I got to sit at the 40 yard line in the first row. It was totally worth it. My feet are still thawing out but I had a blast.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LOVED the weather today. I would take 100 of these types of games over 1 Stony Brook 90 degree humid game.

But back to the OP title - yup, southern teams up north after November 1st usually wither in the weather. That's why the NCAA should force the SEC and all of the other dress-wearing fanbases to come up north to play in a meaningful game in the elements. Today was big-boy football and I loved every second of it. Time to make more southern teams play in this stuff (or the threat of it) to level the playing field.

Reaction Score
WE thought going onto the concourse to get out of the rain would be a good call...but the wind was whipping through there worse than in the stands. Tough day to sit out in the elements

Reaction Score

We took pride today for staying right until the end. Game conditions were particularly brutal - I would have preferred snow.

But the win? What a great ride home!

Reaction Score
posted about this on a CFB newsgroup and the people were saying it was in the 40s how cold could it be, it was colder today in Tennessee, etc

Reaction Score
Flasks and nips were invented for days like yesterday. Steady flow of Honey Southern Comfort with intermittent Schnapps nips with winter wet cover with layers underneath and you can deal just fine. No different than deer hunting for 4 hours pre dawn, only you get to make noise and move around. My only mistake was the socks. Went with just the whitey cottons and didn't double up with wooly's. Thought the boots would be enough. I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Some of the UConn players post-game were laughing about it, saying things like "once UCF got into the warm locker room at halftime they didn't want to come out." It didn't go unnoticed either that the Knight players spent lots of time near the sideline heaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom