Florida @ #17 Arkansas - 1/14/21 | The Boneyard

Florida @ #17 Arkansas - 1/14/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While Florida is improved, I think the good Arkansas shows up tonight...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
52-44 Hogs...at the half! That's about as much scoring as the entirety of the Oregon-Arizona contest I watched previously. Dungee w/ 20 and Slocum w/ 13.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, 52 points and only 5 assists. That is counterintuitive.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't even know who she is but K. Smith from Florida has 17.

Reaction Score
I love Cam Newbauer but I really think Lavender Briggs is wasting her time in Florida. She could be one of the best players in the country if she gets the right coaching.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Briggs leading everybody w/ 29 points. Wow, Dungee is only 6-17 shooting from the floor but 13-13 from the line for 27 pts.

Reaction Score
75-66 AR with 5:00 left

Dungee 27 pts

Briggs 29 pts

Reaction Score
Briggs

6fa7dc223e0273b058a3108dd9fe58d6.gif

Reaction Score
That’s the highest scoring total in the SEC this year, although I think Rhyne could do that whenever she wants..

Reaction Score
@ Kentucky: 75 pts (loss)
Missouri: 88 pts (win)
@ Tennessee: 88 pts (loss)
Texas A&M: 74 pts (loss)
Florida: 80 pts (win)

405 pts allowed in 5 SEC games, for an 81.0 scoring defense average. That's not good for Arkansas' hopes for the season, even with the SEC's top scorer on the roster.....

Reaction Score
I love Cam Newbauer but I really think Lavender Briggs is wasting her time in Florida. She could be one of the best players in the country if she gets the right coaching.

Maybe he is part of the reason she is good. She didn't have the top 10 schools chasing her, she was a solid recruit but no one expected this. Cam gives her freedom, they love to shoot the 3. Don't know why we assume if she went somewhere else she'd be so much better.

Reaction Score
Maybe he is part of the reason she is good. She didn't have the top 10 schools chasing her, she was a solid recruit but no one expected this. Cam gives her freedom, they love to shoot the 3. Don't know why we assume if she went somewhere else she'd be so much better.

How would she not be better with better coaching and teammates?? It’s obvious she was waaayyy better than her HS ranking even before she stepped foot in Gainesville. She had a good showing in the JBC game and averaged nearly 15 ppg as a freshman. She scored 41 points and her team nearly won so of you don’t think she would be better then idk what to tell you. Nothing against Cam he has Florida looking much better but Briggs talent is what makes her stand out not his coaching...

Reaction Score
How would she not be better with better coaching and teammates?? It’s obvious she was waaayyy better than her HS ranking even before she stepped foot in Gainesville. She had a good showing in the JBC game and averaged nearly 15 ppg as a freshman. She scored 41 points and her team nearly won so of you don’t think she would be better then idk what to tell you. Nothing against Cam he has Florida looking much better but Briggs talent is what makes her stand out not his coaching...
All Star game stats mean nothing. She played 35 minutes per game as a freshman and took over 400 shots. She isn't doing that on a lot of teams but that clearly helped her improve. Since this is Florida v. Arkansas game thread, if you put her on top 25 team like Arkansas do we think she is putting up these kind of numbers? Hard to say because they have a lot of other talented players.

Natalie Butler came to UConn from Georgetown with what you could say is better coaching and teammates but guess what, her role changed, she didn't play as much, the better teammates were also her competition to earning playing time. Its not so simple to assume any great player on a bad to average team could go to a great team and be some awesome player

Reaction Score
All Star game stats mean nothing. She played 35 minutes per game as a freshman and took over 400 shots. She isn't doing that on a lot of teams but that clearly helped her improve. Since this is Florida v. Arkansas game thread, if you put her on top 25 team like Arkansas do we think she is putting up these kind of numbers? Hard to say because they have a lot of other talented players.

Natalie Butler came to UConn from Georgetown with what you could say is better coaching and teammates but guess what, her role changed, she didn't play as much, the better teammates were also her competition to earning playing time. Its not so simple to assume any great player on a bad to average team could go to a great team and be some awesome player

Totally different situation and totally different caliber player. You’re comparing a 20 ppg scorer in one of the toughest conferences to Natalie Butler???? Lol I had to laugh at that one. If Briggs played for Arkansas no doubt she’d be atleast the second best player on that team after Dungee. No I don’t think she would average what she’s doing at UF but make no mistake she’d be much tougher to defend and would raise Arkansas to one more level with her scoring ability alongside Dungee’s. She doesn’t have to average the same amount of points for a better team to be considered a better player.

Reaction Score
Totally different situation and totally different caliber player. You’re comparing a 20 ppg scorer in one of the toughest conferences to Natalie Butler???? Lol I had to laugh at that one. If Briggs played for Arkansas no doubt she’d be atleast the second best player on that team after Dungee. No I don’t think she would average what she’s doing at UF but make no mistake she’d be much tougher to defend and would raise Arkansas to one more level with her scoring ability alongside Dungee’s. She doesn’t have to average the same amount of points for a better team to be considered a better player.

I did not mean for it to be like an exact match, Butler was just a player that came here from a worse program after putting up great numbers early in her career, it was the first example like that which popped into my head. I'd slot Briggs behind Slocum too, who was national freshman of the year her first year. Its hard to find true point guard who can score and dish like Slocum can. Briggs is better scorer than Ramirez but Ramirez is better 3 point shooter and she fits her role probably better than Briggs would because she can just spot up and bang 3s, hitting over 45% of her threes.

I think we both appreciate Briggs game but maybe just see differently on how she'd fit on a different team. I am just more skeptical because there are so many unknown variables: style of play, type of players around her, the minutes she'd play, the type of shots she'd get. She has a lot of freedom at Florida that I just don't think she'd get at a good team. She took almost half of Florida's shots last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom