Flop or Foul? | The Boneyard

Flop or Foul?

Reaction Score
Against Houston on 1/6, Collier rebounded a KLS miss and scored to end the 1st Qtr. But watch the KLS shot and the contact at 1:42 of the attached highlight video from Storrs South. I think it is a clear foul, though someone on the chat thought it was a flop. Comments?

Reaction Score
from the angle of the video provided it looks like a foul to me. left forearm right into Lou's mid-section.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
KLS was fouled and I can't believe that the official missed it. KLS gets fouled almost every other play, but many of them are not called. She only had two foul shots today, but was fouled at least 5 times while in the act of shooting.

Reaction Score
Looked like a foul to me but this game has a few missed obvious calls. Collier double dribbled (blatantly) and it wasn’t called.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Still looks like a play on to me. By the way, that's an every play occurrence in the League so Lou, get used to it.

Yep. If UConn doesn't have success this year at the Dance for certain we'll have a ton of ref baiters complaining that our beloved Huskies would have won if not for the incredibly poor/biased calls.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple really. Whenever an opponent hits the floor after contact with a UConn player it is most definitely a flop. Whenever a UConn player hits the floor after contact with an opponent it is either a result of the most dirty foul ever committed or simply a UConn player making sure that the refs are aware that they were brutalized.

Clue to the clueless - everyone flops! It's part of the game. Players are taught how to flop. KLS is a master and Dangerfield provided a great example today in the Houston game.

Reaction Score
With so much video available out there for everyone, including referees, let's just say her flair for dramatics tends to precede her.

Reaction Score
Have to give Lou kudos for stopping her flops when driving to basket. In past years, even a little wind seemed to cause her to crash to the ground, hands in the air. She is now going hard to basket and getting a lot of offensive rebounds since she is staying on her feet.

Reaction Score
KLS was fouled and I can't believe that the official missed it. KLS gets fouled almost every other play, but many of them are not called. She only had two foul shots today, but was fouled at least 5 times while in the act of shooting.
KLS and Phee, often Danger too are openly fouled with no calls-bodies that run run run then get physically beaten--How can we expect more from the S.5..??

Reaction Score
Against Houston on 1/6, Collier rebounded a KLS miss and scored to end the 1st Qtr. But watch the KLS shot and the contact at 1:42 of the attached highlight video from Storrs South. I think it is a clear foul, though someone on the chat thought it was a flop. Comments?

Looked like clear foul to me but Believe Lou enhanced the contact.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Looked like a nice hip check/elbow on a jump shooter while in the air. Especially the way the fouler ran into the lane to hide. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom