Flip side of the Indian head nickel ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Flip side of the Indian head nickel ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Started out looking disjointed.
  2. Early -- a Buffalo guy (Adams) with the clumsiest, most obvious hook I've ever seen on a basketball court.
  3. Lousy shooting early but our rebounding -- particularly offensive rebounding -- was outstanding from the get go.
  4. If Sanogo's 3 point shooting doesn't turn out to be a mirage, he's really going to climb up a bunch in the draft.
  5. Stop shooting 3s, dammit! They ain't going in. Directed at the team as a whole, except JoeyC, but when I said it, he hadn't turned it on yet.
  6. Never thought I'd see a stretch where JoeyC is the best guy we have on the floor
  7. Speaking of Joey California, he looks like a high school sophomore out there.
  8. Newton's breakaway dunk changed the game. It energized the crowd AND the players. Not sure it would have had the same effect if he'd just laid it in.
  9. Shocked to only be up by 4 boards in the rebounding column at the half. But the 9 to 2 advantage on the offensive boards is a huge factor.
  10. Officiating was inconsistent to say the least. Same action that gets called a couple times then gets ignored for much of the rest of the game.
  11. Nice run at both ends around the 15 minute mark in the 2nd half.
  12. Five minutes later, they got VERY sloppy trying to force the ball in to Sanogo and created 3 consecutive turnovers.
  13. No question in my mind that Sanogo missed that breakaway on purpose to give Tristen a shot at the rebound. Glad that he got the last couple on real game action instead of a setup.
  14. Don't know how you can not call Newton the POG with the triple double stat line he put down...22 points, 14 of 17 from the line, 10 boards, 11 assists, 4 steals and a block. And no fouls. That's impressive. But there's still that 4 of 14 shooting from the floor to mess it up.
  15. Diarra had his first klunker of a game.
  16. 26% three point shooting as a team. That can't happen again.
  17. JoeyC had a pretty decent stat line and was the only husky to hit more than one from deep.
  18. I thought the Play by play guy was a step up from the first two games, but Steve Lappas is a horrible color man.
  19. Fixed the rebounding in the 2nd half, and ended up with 14/28/42 compared to buffalo's 5/24/29.
  20. We played really well for about 5 minutes beginning with about 6 to go in the first half, then from the 16 minute mark until the half way point in the second half, and finally, the last 5 minutes.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Early -- a Buffalo guy (Adams) with the clumsiest, most obvious hook I've ever seen on a basketball court.

It's was LOL terrible. My son and i had a good chuckle about it.

Reaction Score
For me, the most annoying part of that game was Chris Lewis constantly saying "New-tun" when 99.99% of the US population would say "Newt-in".
It gave the game a very English feel.

Reaction Score
For me, the most annoying part of that game was Chris Lewis constantly saying "New-tun" when 99.99% of the US population would say "Newt-in".
i was also annoyed by this.

to a lesser extent, people would do it with tyrese martin's last name as well. as a native new englander who drops as many consonants as possible, hearing some people say "mar-TIN" was pretty jarring.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great write up Rich. As far as point 9 goes I was not shocked by the rebounding differential. When UConn missed all the threes and was playing four out it opened up a lot of defensive rebound opportunities for Buffalo.

Reaction Score
I told my wife I was going to scream if I ever hear New-ton again. The extra syllable was like nails on a chalkboard to me. But agreed other than that the play by play was much much better than previous games.

Reaction Score
I told my wife I was going to scream if I ever hear New-ton again. The extra syllable was like nails on a chalkboard to me. But agreed other than that the play by play was much much better than previous games.
Disagree John Fanta is much better and a joy to watch/listen to. He also knows how to pronounce Newton correctly....

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
After last nights game he became Newt in my head. Problem solved.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Item #2 above...
adams hook.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members