Flight home from Nassau | The Boneyard

Flight home from Nassau

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The flight was delayed, waiting for a few folks to get through security and immigration/customs (which is actually done there, not in the U.S.). I barely made my flight at EWR, but my bag did not. Eventually, we were reunited.

But the more interesting stuff:

I saw CD at Wendy's getting a large Diet Coke. I said hello and hopefully wasn't intrusive. After the fact--usually when I think better--I realized I should have congratulated her on the KK Arnold verbal and maybe asked if they were working with the Lithuanian kid (Jocyte).

Coach Graves and the Ducks team were on my flight. When Coach boarded, the pilot happened to come out from the flight deck and said, "Go Ducks!" Not to be outdone (I was in Row 1 on the aisle), I said, "Go Ducks! Have a good season (I didn't make an exception for the UConn game)." He patted me on the shoulder and said thanks. Sedona Prince and Philippina Kyei are REALLY tall and practically hit their heads on the cabin ceiling.

Though many of us are down after the SC game, keep in mind that the Ducks were playing short-handed and went 1-2 for the tourney, barely edging Oklahoma.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I made it home, thanks, after waiting for my bag at DCA.

That reminds me that I ran into Ashley Owusu at the DCA baggage claim this summer--after she came home from winning gold with Team USA. I must be a magnet for basketball people. :)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

That reminds me that I ran into Ashley Owusu at the DCA baggage claim this summer--after she came home from winning gold with Team USA. I must be a magnet for basketball people. :)
Bird of a feather ... ;)

Reaction Score
The flight was delayed, waiting for a few folks to get through security and immigration/customs (which is actually done there, not in the U.S.). I barely made my flight at EWR, but my bag did not. Eventually, we were reunited.

I saw CD at Wendy's getting a large Diet Coke. I said hello and hopefully wasn't intrusive. After the fact--usually when I think better--I realized I should have congratulated her on the KK Arnold verbal and maybe asked if they were working with the Lithuanian kid (Jocyte).

Coach Graves and the Ducks team were on my flight. When Coach boarded, the pilot happened to come out from the flight deck and said, "Go Ducks!" Not to be outdone (I was in Row 1 on the aisle), I said, "Go Ducks! Have a good season (I didn't make an exception for the UConn game)." He patted me on the shoulder and said thanks. Sedona Prince and Philippina Kyei are REALLY tall and practically hit their heads on the cabin ceiling.

Though many of us are down after the SC game, keep in mind that the Ducks were playing short-handed and went 1-2 for the tourney, barely edging Oklahoma.
We would be glad to have any of you make the trip out to Oregon. We treat visiting teams and their fans very well in WBB. Btw, Kelly Graves and Geno have become good friends. I heard they talk on and off during the season about their teams and such.

Reaction Score
Glad you made it back home, MilfordHusky. Hope that you had a decent time in Nassau. Lovely place. Kelly Graves is an awesome dude. Sat with him, well he sat with me, at one of our coaching clinics a few years ago. I am like, I am a high school girls basketball coach and he sits with me? Way too cool.

Too funny about CD and her Diet Coke. That seems to be her thing. But one classy lady. Always has been and always will be.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thank for all the positive thoughts! Coach Graves was chatting with CD for a while. I didn't try to listen in. :) Yes, he and Geno have a good rapport, and Kelly seems to be a genial guy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

As another example of not thinking quickly, I saw Ashley with her Team USA garb and duffel bags. I was aware that Team USA had just won a gold medal, but didn't think about it, nor did I congratulate her. I told her I saw her at Paul VI and on TV. Slow on the uptake as usual! :confused:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Customs check was essentially non-existent on the way in; what do they do on the way out? Is it any different?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Customs check was essentially non-existent on the way in; what do they do on the way out? Is it any different?

Customs screening seems to be minimal most places. I had to fill out the Global Entry form saying I wasn't bringing in any of the items of concern. Then the agent asked me if I brought back anything. I said nothing--no candy, no gifts, no liquor. Sad! He than said, "Welcome home." I was still in the Nassau airport, but effectively in the U.S. because I had passed immigration and customs. In Mexico, there is a random inspection, maybe 1 in 20 people or so. Occasionally, they will ask you something, but I haven't been searched in years. I guess I look non-threatening. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom