¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ok, so whoever came up with this idea is pretty genius. How many people shy away from buying tickets because of unknown commitments on future weekends or weather? I love the ability to pick your game and seat as late as the night before. Knowing that the stadium will be pretty much empty, means you can choose any seat you want.

Plus, at $15 a ticket, it makes it seem like it's easier than buying tix off scalpers in the parking lots.

Anyone know if there's a $10 processing fee so it's basically not really $15 a ticket? That's the part that's a load of crap on any of these deals.

Reaction Score
Ok, so whoever came up with this idea is pretty genius. How many people shy away from buying tickets because of unknown commitments on future weekends or weather? I love the ability to pick your game and seat as late as the night before. Knowing that the stadium will be pretty much empty, means you can choose any seat you want.

Plus, at $15 a ticket, it makes it seem like it's easier than buying tix off scalpers in the parking lots.

Anyone know if there's a $10 processing fee so it's basically not really $15 a ticket? That's the part that's a load of crap on any of these deals.

There are the usual fees ($6 per seat for FIT and other fees + $10 for order processing fee) 6 tickets runs ya $106. Still a great option and my option of choice this year.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
There are the usual fees ($6 per seat for FIT and other fees + $10 for order processing fee) 6 tickets runs ya $106. Still a great option and my option of choice this year.
Ok that's not bad. I've bought tickets to other events at various locations where they charge outrageous processing fees! Thanks for clarifying that!

As I said before, this was an amazing idea by whoever thought of it in the AD. The ability to pick your game as late as the night before is worth the price in general.

Can these flex packs be bought throughout the season, or do they need be bought before the season? I'd be curious because if you bought 6 and then your buddy or buddies enjoyed the game(s) you brought them to wanna go again, but you ran out of vouchers, you'd probably wanna buy more.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Can these flex packs be bought throughout the season, or do they need be bought before the season? I'd be curious because if you bought 6 and then your buddy or buddies enjoyed the game(s) you brought them to wanna go again, but you ran out of vouchers, you'd probably wanna buy more.
You can opt to buy more at $15/per at any time if my understanding is correct.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did they not do this for football last year? They did it for basketball right?

Reaction Score

I laughed last year because the marketing geniuses were selling the 6 ticket flex pack for less than the 3 game mini packages. Made perfect sense.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
If they did it last year I never knew about it.

Whenever it started, it's a great idea to get people to go to games. Bottom line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If they did it last year I never knew about it.

Whenever it started, it's a great idea to get people to go to games. Bottom line.

I guess. Like 6 people use it. They have had it for multiple sports for multiple years... seem like it is moving the needle?

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I guess. Like 6 people use it. They have had it for multiple sports for multiple years... seem like it is moving the needle?
I'm surprised it's not used more. Why buy mini plans when you can choose games the night before. So if your kid gets sick, don't get tickets. It's gonna rain, pass it up. Plus, it's not like the stadium is so full that you won't be able to basically pick any seat you want.

I dunno. For someone who has two small kids who sometimes ruin plans because they get sick or people we planned on watching them get sick, this is a good idea. It also helps when your wife doesn't want to be in the rain so you bypass that game and go to a different one.

Regardless. Thought it's a good idea.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm surprised it's not used more. Why buy mini plans when you can choose games the night before. So if your kid gets sick, don't get tickets. It's gonna rain, pass it up. Plus, it's not like the stadium is so full that you won't be able to basically pick any seat you want.

I dunno. For someone who has two small kids who sometimes ruin plans because they get sick or people we planned on watching them get sick, this is a good idea. It also helps when your wife doesn't want to be in the rain so you bypass that game and go to a different one.

Regardless. Thought it's a good idea.

Their approach is stupid.

They should sell nothing but season tickets until mid-August.

The marketing for these flex plans is pathetic. A Northeast football team telling their fans to skip the game if the weather isn’t good.... at least pretend you’ve got a product worth consuming.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
IMO, anyone buying flex packs can't complain about the program's budget.

Reaction Score

The marketing for these flex plans is pathetic. A Northeast football team telling their fans to skip the game if the weather isn’t good.... at least pretend you’ve got a product worth consuming.
I agree - timing is very bad. Ignoramuses.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised it's not used more. Why buy mini plans when you can choose games the night before.
Obviously it doesn't matter as much for football, but one reason you may want a mini plan is if you care where your seats are. The flex tickets are only for a specific areas in the stadium/arena. I don't know what they are for football but for basketball at XL, they were in the mid way up side 200 levels (like section 201 row M) - not the worst seats but not necessarily the best available at the time of purchase.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Obviously it doesn't matter as much for football, but one reason you may want a mini plan is if you care where your seats are. The flex tickets are only for a specific areas in the stadium/arena. I don't know what they are for football but for basketball at XL, they were in the mid way up side 200 levels (like section 201 row M) - not the worst seats but not necessarily the best available at the time of purchase.
Yeah I don't see this as valuable for basketball, especially since weather isn't really a factor. But football, where you can pick your seat and then move to a better one is well suited to this plan IMO

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Stuff like this, the free student section tickets (and bus to The Rent), and Season ticket holders events/free stuff is all great. Hopefully we see some more energy in the building in East Hartford this fall!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I'd love to hear UConn's sales pitch to season ticket holders. I talked to a guy just the other day who's old man had been a season ticket holder since the Rent opened who was on the fence about renewing. Ticket office called him and tried to whack him with the new fees and when he wavered on that, ticket office gave the guy attitude about letting the program down. Guy hung up and now is pissed at the school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd love to hear UConn's sales pitch to season ticket holders. I talked to a guy just the other day who's old man had been a season ticket holder since the Rent opened who was on the fence about renewing. Ticket office called him and tried to whack him with the new fees and when he wavered on that, ticket office gave the guy attitude about letting the program down. Guy hung up and now is pissed at the school.

It’s almost like giving your coach permission to tear the program down to the screws and not attempting to win for years has negative repercussions.

The people they are allowing to represent the school in ticket sales are an embarrassment - yet they seemingly do nothing. Because that is the approach to everything.

The UConn athletic department is like a friend who is addicted to painkillers and wants to ‘borrow’ $50 every third day. They don’t care about tomorrow - they just want whatever pittance they can collect today.

Reaction Score
They did the same exact thing to my dad.

Reaction Score
We got similar treatment which made it easy to say adios to season tickets in football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom