Fleud | The Boneyard

Fleud

Reaction Score
Sorry couldn't send you a pm after the other thread was closed. In regards to Zach Brown the thing with the ref was before the signing. A year or so later after we moved him up to CT. he had an incident up at Putnam which was his fourth school and then it really spiraled out of control. Hope the kid gets some help and turns it around but I also think there was always some warning signs. I have no problem taking kids with troubled backgrounds because life is all about second chances but it seems there was always something a little off with this kid.

Reaction Score
I think this may be the tweet that referenced the punch, but the pictures add nothing and it wasn't reported anywhere else. Hard to believe anything happened based on this tweet, but given his history, it's also hard to give Brown the benefit of the doubt.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Sorry couldn't send you a pm after the other thread was closed. In regards to Zach Brown the thing with the ref was before the signing. A year or so later after we moved him up to CT. he had an incident up at Putnam which was his fourth school and then it really spiraled out of control. Hope the kid gets some help and turns it around but I also think there was always some warning signs. I have no problem taking kids with troubled backgrounds because life is all about second chances but it seems there was always something a little off with this kid.
Thanks for the clarification. Thought it was his second school and the move was to get him closer to his guardians home.

Is it your opinion KO chose Zach because the other bigs were going elsewhere or is there some evidence that supports that claim?

Reaction Score
Thanks for the clarification. Thought it was his second school and the move was to get him closer to his guardians home.

Is it your opinion KO chose Zach because the other bigs were going elsewhere or is there some evidence that supports that claim?
We were involved heavily with Bamba and Obiagu but so were a bunch of the other big schools. I think Ollie knew he could get Brown, a big reason being the Willingham connection. Bird in hand sort of thing, my guess is Ollie knew he was rolling the dice a bit and unfortunately it didn't work out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We were involved heavily with Bamba and Obiagu but so were a bunch of the other big schools. I think Ollie knew he could get Brown, a big reason being the Willingham connection. Bird in hand sort of thing, my guess is Ollie knew he was rolling the dice a bit and unfortunately it didn't work out.
I can deal with people offering a generic rebuke or debating this direction of recruiting. But to completely omit that Zach existed when discussing the 2017 class is purely meant to inflame things.

KO came close to having a stellar class. It turned into a relative bust. It's been a bad few years. It's sad knowing North Carolina is still playing and nothing has been done for real academic abuses while UConn is still reeling from a created rule that those of us who follow the program know was nothing more than a vendetta against JC which his successor has taken the brunt of it's impact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom