Fixing the August problem | The Boneyard

Fixing the August problem

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have a solution to a problem that most of us have buried in our football subconscious; why isn't there daily CF in late August?!?

Well its hardly rocket science, but I propose that week zero in NCAA FBS needs to start off with a 10 night bonanza featuring a national game every night from the last Saturday before Labor Day weekend through Labor Day Monday. Of course we already have something close, but now I want to fill in the gap which is that Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before Labor Day so that its a complete 10 day stretch. Fill the gap with G5 games. Bill the entire thing as a the National 10 day kickoff period.

Make it happen in 2020. Give us daily red meat. We are starving here. Get it rolling before the NFL is up and running.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm likely in the minority here, but I have 0 interest in watching any college football aside from UConn and maybe 1 other.

Reaction Score
I have a solution to a problem that most of us have buried in our football subconscious; why isn't there daily CF in late August?!?

Well its hardly rocket science, but I propose that week zero in NCAA FBS needs to start off with a 10 night bonanza featuring a national game every night from the last Saturday before Labor Day weekend through Labor Day Monday. Of course we already have something close, but now I want to fill in the gap which is that Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday before Labor Day so that its a complete 10 day stretch. Fill the gap with G5 games. Bill the entire thing as a the National 10 day kickoff period.

Make it happen in 2020. Give us daily red meat. We are starving here. Get it rolling before the NFL is up and running.

ESPN is out straight working to implement ESPN+ for the AAC and doesn't have the talent available to produce such a season opening extravaganza of football.

But that, in turn, provides a terrific opportunity for forward thinking, innovative, talented people to step into the breech, leave no stone unturned, grab the brass ring, and run with the ball to make it happen. My vote is with you and know you can do it!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm likely in the minority here, but I have 0 interest in watching any college football aside from UConn and maybe 1 other.
That is a poop attitude. You sir need to do some soul searching. Come back to us after you binge Labor Day weekend football.

Reaction Score

Counterpoint:

College football should only be played on Saturday’s

Reaction Score
Counterpoint:

College football should only be played on Saturday’s
If that were the case we never would have had that great ESPN televised Thursday night game against Pitt where Tyler Palko had about 4 straight false start/delay of game penalties when backed up to the student section.

That was one of the loudest games the rent has ever had.

Reaction Score
I pretty much only watch UConn and the night games. I do love Pac after dark though.

Reaction Score
If that were the case we never would have had that great ESPN televised Thursday night game against Pitt where Tyler Palko had about 4 straight false start/delay of game penalties when backed up to the student section.

That was one of the loudest games the rent has ever had.

Yeah, that doesn't change my mind.

Don't fret though, it'll never happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom