FiveThirtyEight who no one passed to article | The Boneyard

FiveThirtyEight who no one passed to article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NBA Players No One Passed To This Season

Pretty interesting article, and funny to see Andre on this list, pretty high I might add. He was supposed to be a focal point of the offense this season, and I have watched alot of games, he barely gets the ball in the post. Now, he doesn't have the most refined game, but he seals off his defender well and can get buckets just by pure strength. I mean Aron Baynes got more passes per 36 minutes than him.

Reaction Score
The NBA Players No One Passed To This Season

Pretty interesting article, and funny to see Andre on this list, pretty high I might add. He was supposed to be a focal point of the offense this season, and I have watched alot of games, he barely gets the ball in the post. Now, he doesn't have the most refined game, but he seals off his defender well and can get buckets just by pure strength. I mean Aron Baynes got more passes per 36 minutes than him.
Andre is an inefficient post scorer, but a great rim runner. Most of the guys on this list are rim-runners, which is absolutely fine.

Remember that SVG had the Pistons basically force-feed Andre in the post when he became the coach last year, and the results were not great. In fact they were pretty damn bad.

Also remember that you don't need to be a guy who operates in the post to be the focal point of the offense in the modern NBA. Detroit's main action is a high-pick-and-roll with Andre as the No. 1 option. Teams know that and sell out to prevent it - he bends the defense to him. That opens up looks for the shooters spread all over the court.

He's in the perfect system for him.

Reaction Score
Andre is an inefficient post scorer, but a great rim runner. Most of the guys on this list are rim-runners, which is absolutely fine.

Remember that SVG had the Pistons basically force-feed Andre in the post when he became the coach last year, and the results were not great. In fact they were pretty damn bad.

Also remember that you don't need to be a guy who operates in the post to be the focal point of the offense in the modern NBA. Detroit's main action is a high-pick-and-roll with Andre as the No. 1 option. Teams know that and sell out to prevent it - he bends the defense to him. That opens up looks for the shooters spread all over the court.

He's in the perfect system for him.
Yeah no he isn't a great post scorer by any means, but he can bully down low and can always get his own board if he misses. But I've watched alot of their games and on the puck and roll it seems like he doesn't get the ball much, especially recently. He wants to get shots up and I can see that he is forcing bad shots sometimes because he doesn't get the ball much.

Reaction Score
Isn't it because he can't make FT's?
On that topic, anyone see the sorta jump shot free throws Whiteside has been doing. Looks really odd but he has improved his % alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom