Five storylines to follow as UConn men’s basketball begins practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Five storylines to follow as UConn men’s basketball begins practice

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They’re one of our early-season cupcakes. How are they “the headliner”?

I agree re overuse of “mid-major.” Just because you’re not a high-major program doesn’t make you a mid-major.
If there's high-majod and mid-major, there really has to be low-major, which would be defined reasonably as either the lower-ranked teams or conferences. It's easy enough to figure out.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Meh, it's a measured response to a guy who took a potshot at him. Don't fan the flames.
Drop the first sentence and you would be right. The first sentence reeks of condescension, which is an integral part of the schtick.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Respectfully, our disagreements often come down to the chess vs. checkers thing. Of course, Chief fully understands this season’s OOC schedule is set and published. Chief criticism is building the case for next season and putting the pressure on for Dave and Danny to step up their game in the Home OOC schedule aspect.
I might agree with that because I don't play checkers. Since all you do is repeat yourself, so will I. DH is handling scheduling at the same process of his rebuild the same way Calhoun did. No one, including Boeheim, loved his cupcakes like JC. He sprinkled a few good home and homes once we got good. It proved to be a template for success, why are you giving Hurley stick for replicating it? You found your little nit to pick it's been picked so much and it's bleeding already.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Meh, it's a measured response to a guy who took a potshot at him. Don't fan the flames.
You don't know the difference between a potshot and true disagreement. A potshot is when some clown insults you for getting the facts right. Like this:

"You realize that it it isn't a just UConn men's/woman's doubleheader, it is a tournament that both men the men's team and the women's team is playing in, right?
Lol at how hard you try here."

Of course it is indeed "just a UConn men's/woman's doubleheader". You were wrong on the facts and wrong on the insult and when called out by others you just gave a "shrug". That's the definition of a potshot. No class. No good faith.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don't know the difference between a potshot and true disagreement. A potshot is when some clown insults you for getting the facts right. Like this:

"You realize that it it isn't a just UConn men's/woman's doubleheader, it is a tournament that both men the men's team and the women's team is playing in, right?
Lol at how hard you try here."

Of course it is indeed "just a UConn men's/woman's doubleheader". You were wrong on the facts and wrong on the insult and when called out by others you just gave a "shrug". That's the definition of a potshot. No class. No good faith.
Lol, how long ago was that? I’m glad I could participate in what clearly was a very important day for you. [chuckles]

Reaction Score
If there's high-majod and mid-major, there really has to be low-major, which would be defined reasonably as either the lower-ranked teams or conferences. It's easy enough to figure out.
Reminds me of the pizzeria in town growing up that had large and medium. No small. I always wanted to ask them what the medium size was in between.

Reaction Score
I might agree with that because I don't play checkers. Since all you do is repeat yourself, so will I. DH is handling scheduling at the same process of his rebuild the same way Calhoun did. No one, including Boeheim, loved his cupcakes like JC. He sprinkled a few good home and homes once we got good. It proved to be a template for success, why are you giving Hurley stick for replicating it? You found your little nit to pick it's been picked so much and it's bleeding already.
Don’t you understand that’s all people are asking for is a sprinkling of good OOC games - 1 or 2 a season and it did not happen. Comparing the late 80’s to 2021 and forgetting about all the championships that happened in between is ridiculous. We are in a much different place.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the pizzeria in town growing up that had large and medium. No small. I always wanted to ask them what the medium size was in between.
Pho 135 in West Hartford, which is yummy, beats that. They only have Med, Lrg, and XL bowls. Ain’t nobody got time for smalls. That always cracks me up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don’t you understand that’s all people are asking for is a sprinkling of good OOC games - 1 or 2 a season and it did not happen. Comparing the late 80’s to 2021 and forgetting about all the championships that happened in between is ridiculous.
Of course I would like a sprinkling of good OOC games, unlike most here I buy tickets. We are a program on the rise that needs wins. We are not in a much different place. We are in the same place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom