First & Second Round NCAA Sites Announced | The Boneyard

First & Second Round NCAA Sites Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
NCAA - Link

Major home field advantages for the usually strong teams. UConn, Tenn, Duke, Stanford, Baylor, Ohio State and others. Glad to see Delaware get to host in EDD's last year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Link here

First two rounds:

Baton Rouge, LA
Boulder, CO
College Park, MD
College Station, TX
Columbus, OH
Durham, NC
Iowa City, IA
Knoxville, TN
Louisville, KY
Lubbock, TX
Delaware, DE
Queens, NY
Spokane, WA
Stanford, CA
Storrs, CT
Waco, TX

Regionals are:

Norfolk, VA
Oklahoma City, OK
Spokane, WA
Trenton, NJ

A little surprised after last years that UConn is hosting again, but I guess it makes up for a couple of paydays against patsies UConn is missing out on by playing in the Carribean next fall.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well first 2 rounds in Storrs, Regionals in Trenton, NJ. pencil it in now - UCONN #1 seed in the Trenton Bracket and Baylor the 1 seed in Oklahoma City. i'd guess at this point Duke the 1 seed in Norfolk, then after that i have no idea. i'm guessing Stanford ends up a 2 seed but will end up in Spokane. i wonder if RU ends up with a 1 seed if they'd ship UCONN to Spokane and put RU in Trenton...

i think UCONN and Baylor will be the strongest teams but i also think (based on my very cursory memory of who is graduating and who gets whom back), RU, Maryland, and maybe L'ville, aTm, ND, Stanford and Kentucky will be fighting it out for the remaining 1 seed and 2 seeds...

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Trenton again... cool! The arena is pretty good, big enough but not too big. Trenton is definitely a beat up town, as I recall there is a State Prison not too far from the arena! I remember seeing Maya's Dad there, someone pointed him out to me. I think ASU and Cal were UConn's two opponents there, and both played us tough.

But I will look forward to revisiting a bar that I found there, plus a place that had pretty good Philly Cheesesteak. There are some good things about New Jersey, after all, but ya gotta be kind of blue collar to enjoy them I think.

Trenton is definitely a long trip for most CT folks, probably best to overnight somewhere if you go.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hmm. Sounds like Philly might be a good homebase for someone traveling in from CT. Trenton is only 40 minutes away. Philly is certainly blue collar in its own right but generally has more to do.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I want the 1st & 2nd rounds at the XL Center... like in the past!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Two years ago, they had four locations west of Texas, which was too many. Last year they cut it to one, whioch may have been too few.

This year there are tow, which may be about right.
But Spokane? Again? Not a lot of basketball up there.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Spokane was a great scene with Vandersloot last year. I don't know that the Zags will have the kind of dynamic player to make a run in 2013, however. And without them, yeah, Spokane is a trek for everyone else.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Trenton again... cool! The arena is pretty good, big enough but not too big. Trenton is definitely a beat up town, as I recall there is a State Prison not too far from the arena! I remember seeing Maya's Dad there, someone pointed him out to me. I think ASU and Cal were UConn's two opponents there, and both played us tough.

But I will look forward to revisiting a bar that I found there, plus a place that had pretty good Philly Cheesesteak. There are some good things about New Jersey, after all, but ya gotta be kind of blue collar to enjoy them I think.

Trenton is definitely a long trip for most CT folks, probably best to overnight somewhere if you go.

The arena wasn't bad, but the surrounding area was depressing. I usually think the jokes abut places are overdone, but not the one's about Trenton. I stopped at a gas station a quarter mile from the arena, because I hadn't seen any place to eat and asked for a recommendation. He acted like I was asking directions to the beach - eat? around here? Nope.

So we ate in the arena.

You'll have to tell me where that bar is.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
The arena wasn't bad, but the surrounding area was depressing. I usually think the jokes abut places are overdone, but not the one's about Trenton. I stopped at a gas station a quarter mile from the arena, because I hadn't seen any place to eat and asked for a recommendation. He acted like I was asking directions to the beach - eat? around here? Nope.

So we ate in the arena.

You'll have to tell me where that bar is.
I may not be able to locate that bar again without actually being there. I just have a vague idea about the location. They might have had some decent bar food there.

But yes, that may have been the only place worth a visit anywhere near the arena. I think I found the good Philly Cheesesteak at a diner about 5 miles away... someone actually recommended it to me as I recall.

This might be a situation where we could get some help from Yelp.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UDel is such a newcomer that they have the city wrong--it's Newark (pronounced New-ark), not Delaware, DE.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hmm. Sounds like Philly might be a good homebase for someone traveling in from CT. Trenton is only 40 minutes away. Philly is certainly blue collar in its own right but generally has more to do.
Alex is a master of understatement. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc