OT: - First Place CCSU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: First Place CCSU

Reaction Score
I don’t think committee would do that. Kind of rude. I think ccsu would get shipped to play in game and go oposite Purdue. QPec and Yale would be 14 and higher seeds . QPEC 14 and Yale 13/14
To me it sucks thatbteams like CCSU have to go to the play-in. That should be reserved for 11-12 seeds from power leagues who did zilch to earn a trip to the tournament. Teams that had mediocre years. Basically I’d make the last 8 in play their way. Smaller programs earned their way by winning their leagues so deserve some respect. They earned the right to get to take on big time programs. I bet if you asked them the Central kids would much rather have their shot at Purdue or Kansas than have to play the MEAC champ. 11 or 12 seeds are marginal qualifiers at best. My view is no automatic bids should have to play an extra game to get into the round of 64.

Reaction Score
Seven of the state’s 12 combined Division I men’s and women’s basketball programs sit in first place in their respective conference standings. All of them are currently in position to hear their names called on Selection Sunday. Only once has Connecticut had more than two schools reach either the men’s or women’s tournament– in 2006, when the Sacred Heart, Hartford and UConn women all made the Big Dance.

It’s not just that the state’s programs are tournament-worthy this season — they’ve been downright dominant.

Alternate access:
Is this the best year ever for college basketball in Connecticut?

Reaction Score
I remember rooting hard for them in a 2-15 game against Iowa State. Nearly pulled it off
I was a student living on campus then. Me and my friends were pretty drunk for a noon/ early afternoon tip off. CCSU was up early, but unfortunately couldn't hang on. Good memories.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Fairfield played UNC tough for +/-30 minutes in a 2-15 game in the 1997 NCAA tourney
That was a 1-16. Fairfield had a losing record. Would have been by far the biggest upset in NCAA history, and they came pretty close.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
That was a 1-16. Fairfield had a losing record. Would have been by far the biggest upset in NCAA history, and they came pretty close.
I clearly remember the game because my ex-wife (Fairfield '90) and I had very, very good seats for Phil Collins at MSG that night. We missed the opening song since we watched the game until the final buzzer at the Barney Stone, RIP to that bar, not so much the marriage :p

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I clearly remember the game because my ex-wife (Fairfield '90) and I had very, very good seats for Phil Collins at MSG that night. We missed the opening song since we watched the game until the final buzzer at the Barney Stone, RIP to that bar, not so much the marriage :p
Blarney Stone around the Garden showcased corned beef being carved in the front window back in the late 60's and mostly shots at the bar.

Reaction Score
Regular season finish in these lower tiered conferences means nothing. You don't win the conference tournament, you aren't making the NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
Sellers was a miraculous hire.

CCSU (14-9, 8-2) hasn’t had a winning record in almost 15 years. They are a pretty fun team to watch.

Amos reminds me of Andre Jackson.

Reaction Score
Sellers was a miraculous hire.

CCSU (14-9, 8-2) hasn’t had a winning record in almost 15 years. They are a pretty fun team to watch.

Amos reminds me of Andre Jackson.

I was very impressed with Amos. Great size and athleticism with skill as well. A bit reckless on the court so he may need someone to reel him in some. He's got a covid year remaining, it would surprise me if he didn't move up a level for next year.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
CCSU in first and has a huge match up tonight against Sacred Heart. Pat Sellers joined me to talk about the successful season so far and more

I know of at least one Blue Devil (the good kind) grad on the Boneyard, surprised he hasn't chimed in on this thread yet :cool::p

Reaction Score
I was very impressed with Amos. Great size and athleticism with skill as well. A bit reckless on the court so he may need someone to reel him in some. He's got a covid year remaining, it would surprise me if he didn't move up a level for next year.
The Fairfield U transfer is great too. Probably their best player

Reaction Score
That team was legit. Rick Mickens, Corsley Edwards, and John Tice.

Tice was one tough dude.
I dapped up Mickens at Four Play (now The Bar) in celebration sometime between winning the NEC tourney and the ISU game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom