First order of business for Mora | The Boneyard

First order of business for Mora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Get some QBs.
Second, get some serious OL help. All five positions.
Third get some secondary help; safeties, corners, dawgs of any kind. Need dawgs.

The body language, the energy, the progression of the QB position ( Tyler Phommachanh notwithstanding) is just wholly inadequate. Our scheme might be thin, but our QBs do themselves no favors.

Reaction Score
Get some QBs.
Third get some secondary help; safeties, corners, dawgs of any kind. Need dawgs.

The body language, the energy, the progression of the QB position ( Tyler Phommachanh notwithstanding) is just wholly inadequate. Our scheme might be thin, but our QBs do themselves no favors.

Both Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski need to go play FCS. Outside Tyler P, we got nothing. We need to get at least 2 QBs from the portal along with whole new OL from the portal. We also need to recruit some OLs to develop. Getting some shutdown corners would help on D, but we really need to fix this offense mess. We got some decent WR talent along with Carter at RB, but we need a whole new OL and QB like yesterday.

Reaction Score
God I hope Mora will emphasize offense. UConn cannot do what other teams (even bad teams) regularly do - score touchdowns. He needs to bet rid of Zergiotis and Krajewski. Half the time I not sure what they are throwing to. And the other half they are throwing to receivers who must be 17 feet tall. They both stink. And someone please tell Zergiotis that his trying to escape out of the pocket only ends up in a bigger loss. Just fall down, you are only making things worse.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Both Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski need to go play FCS. Outside Tyler P, we got nothing. We need to get at least 2 QBs from the portal along with whole new OL from the portal. We also need to recruit some OLs to develop. Getting some shutdown corners would help on D, but we really need to fix this offense mess. We got some decent WR talent along with Carter at RB, but we need a whole new OL and QB like yesterday.
Absolutely. Honestly I’d put the whole team into a “workable” category outside of QB (excluding Tyler Phommachanh) and OL. We need to completely rebuild the OL and bring in at least 2 functional QBs so if Tyler P gets hurt again we’re not left with the two we have.

Reaction Score
Get some QBs.

I watched the game. As soon as the ball was snapped there were at least 2 defensive players IN THE BACKFIELD. I don't care if Zac Prescott is back as our QB you have to have at least 4 or 5 seconds to throw. I was actually surprised at how Ryan Van Demark was so totally dominated . I am not saying our QBs are the answer but you have to let them have a chance to throw.

Reaction Score
Doubt either QB can play at the FCS level - unless they have very tall receivers. And whoever is coaching them - please stop. Just stop, they are next to useless.

Reaction Score
OL are one of the easiest asks of the portal. There’s a lot of them since 5 positions and a few years of college can built competent and strong types that aren’t NFL level guys. Athleticism is nice and mandatory for great ones but you can get solid ones without needing rare talents.

Reaction Score
Get some QBs.

I was impressed by UConn in this game. There is talent there. That being said it was only the defensive side of the ball I was impressed with. The QBs are totally overwhelmed regardless of opponent. We need some hogs up front too

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
First order of business is to hire an OC who can attract QBs and runs a decent scheme.
Well of course coaching is the real first order.

But I don’t see how Mora took this game in today and concluded without a doubt that in January he needs all new faces in that QB room (sans Tyler Phommachanh of course)

New QBs won’t be the true first order of business- but after watching that I can’t help but make it mine as a point of emphasis.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I watched the game. As soon as the ball was snapped there were at least 2 defensive players IN THE BACKFIELD. I don't care if Zac Prescott is back as our QB you have to have at least 4 or 5 seconds to throw. I was actually surprised at how Ryan Van Demark was so totally dominated . I am not saying our QBs are the answer but you have to let them have a chance to throw.
Yep, true- but when they have time they show they have no feel for the game at this level. What they have isn’t enough. I want to win.

Reaction Score
Well of course coaching is the real first order.

But I don’t see how Mora took this game in today and concluded without a doubt that in January he needs all new faces in that QB room (sans Tyler Phommachanh of course)

New QBs won’t be the true first order of business- but after watching that I can’t help but make it mine as a point of emphasis.
You need to have an OC in order to recruit QBs. No good QBs wanted to come to UConn due to the offensive coaches.

Reaction Score
Ever seen QBs that don’t want to be on the field - that don’t believe in themselves…. If you are curious what that looks like I can point you to some tape.
They don’t seem to know the rules either. Backward passes aren’t incomplete.

Reaction Score
Bench #74 on the OL. Two successive plays should show any NFL people that evalhating him is a total waste of time. On the first play, a Clemson went past him like a football thrown behind a receiver, or more like he was a telephone pole. He never laid a hand on him. On the very next play, he got knocked on his like he was some kind of elementary school kid trying to stop a high school linebacker. How embarrassing for him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You need to have an OC in order to recruit QBs. No good QBs wanted to come to UConn due to the offensive coaches.
Dude you are way too literal for the internet sometimes. You don’t need to tell me the obvious.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Get some QBs.

I thought the DBs played well today and have seen improvement throughout the year.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
My take is Mora has a plan to address the needs of the team. Those needs have already been prioritized. This has most likely been discussed AD Dave.

I would not be surprised if Mora has a list of who will be on his staff. Mora knows more about football than the last three head coaches.

And I don't expect any news of his plans until the season is over.

Reaction Score
Doubt either QB can play at the FCS level - unless they have very tall receivers. And whoever is coaching them - please stop. Just stop, they are next to useless.
You are right. The QBs from Holy Cross was way better. These 2 probably won't hack it at FCS schools either. They should just go study hard and be sales people at Best Buy or something.

Reaction Score
Neither one of the QBs we saw today inspire any confidence because they trot out onto the field showing none in themselves. The OL and offensive scheme are complete messes. Its almost like the same guy coaches both those units, oh wait.

Reaction Score
Dude you are way too literal for the internet sometimes. You don’t need to tell me the obvious.
The choices of OC sank PP (GDL), Diaco, and Edsall 2.0. That is why I wanted a proven offensive minded head coach. I’m willing to give Mora a chance, but if we go cheap on the OC hire or pick a GDL, Verducci, or Guifre, Mora won’t be successful.

Reaction Score
The o-line need some better upperclassmen, but today they played a dominant front seven who potentially have maybe 3 or 4 guys getting drafted this year. Our offensive woes are due to not having a good OC and having a lot of young players with no senior leadership.

Reaction Score
Find a way to keep Brewton around and get him the ball in offense. Brewton and Carter can be a nice two headed monster next year if we get some OL help
I was just saying today Brewton should be a rb he has speed and agility to outrun some defenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom