First Night Through A Dad's Lens | The Boneyard

First Night Through A Dad's Lens

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me or suggest how all of those students are going to fit in the "student's section" of Gampel Arena during home games?
I'm asking for a friend. :cool:

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me or suggest how all of those students are going to fit in the "student's section" of Gampel Arena during home games?
This was for both the men and the women. Different fan base for each.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet that the majority of the house was there to see Paige and friends. She's the first freshman to earn all of the NPOY awards that a freshman could win and it was the first time that the students could get to see her in action.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
To the students: She's the best there is and she's ours. That is powerful seat packing stuff.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Understood. But I wonder how many of those students will show up for that first home game in Gampel just out of curiosity? :eek:
Anybody got a shoe horn? :confused: I don't think they'll ALL fit into the "student section."

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Depends on the "giveaways." Otherwise no worries they won't attend.

Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet that the majority of the house was there to see Paige and friends. She's the first freshman to earn all of the NPOY awards that a freshman could win and it was the first time that the students could get to see her in action.
I am a fan of UCONN Women, but I do follow the men. However, there is a tendency, especially at UCONN to overestimate the popularity of WBB (see for example, the Chicago Sky victory parade - more players than fans on the parade route). Many "guys" would not show up for first night if it was only for WBB. Their loss, but still, it is true.

Reaction Score
I am a fan of UCONN Women, but I do follow the men. However, there is a tendency, especially at UCONN to overestimate the popularity of WBB (see for example, the Chicago Sky victory parade - more players than fans on the parade route). Many "guys" would not show up for first night if it was only for WBB. Their loss, but still, it is true.

These guy students in the interview seem pretty pumped to see Paige and company this year :)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Paige is a game changer. I think she will attract some significant non traditional fans. And not sure I would attend any outside event in Chicago without a flak jacket. :(

Reaction Score
Paige is a game changer. I think she will attract some significant non traditional fans. And not sure I would attend any outside event in Chicago without a flak jacket. :(
You might want to wrap yourself in a Bradley (BFV).

Reaction Score
Also so it's not like every student comes to every game. A, they still have to get tickets, and B, they are still students and may have some finals/homework/projects due that would prevent them coming to a game here or there.

Reaction Score
Also so it's not like every student comes to every game. A, they still have to get tickets, and B, they are still students and may have some finals/homework/projects due that would prevent them coming to a game here or there.
Haha. That's hilarious. Much more likely they're partying. Homework/projects wouldn't get in the way of partying, although the last week of the semester when the "oh chit" hits the brain cells might interfere with partying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom