First Night Observations | The Boneyard

First Night Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard to tell too much from a co-ed 20 minute scrimmage with running time, but I will give you what I can.

Boat loves being the man and is really embracing his role as a senior leader. He looked great, very mature.

Omar looks a lot more agile and confident. A different player than last season.

Brimah never stopped smiling, played well and you would never know he had off season shoulder surgery. Recipient of lots of lobs and threw them down time after time.

Phil now #1 jersey. More muscular and fluid. Seems to have a better touch down low.

Terrance looked exactly the same as last year.

Pat Linehan looked good out there, like he fits in. The other walk on is built stronger than Lubin, but I doubt he will get much run.

Rodney goes to the hole really well. He could score 8 to 10 points a game on drives alone.

Hamilton will be a superstar when it clicks. That may be a season or two off.

Rakim looked as strong as advertised. Needs some polish though. Definite role player thus season.

Sam Jr did not play. Had his foot in a boot.

Kentan looked more mature and comfortable. He may very well start at the 4.

Based solely on tonight I would guess a starting 5 of Brimah,Facey, Hamilton, Boat and Rodney.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Impossible to take away much. Few things I noticed though.

- Phil Nolan is noticeably bigger, has better touch, even showed off some handle
- Rodney Purvis is really fast
- Omar looked lighter and quicker, shots were way off though, threw up some bricks
- Daniel Hamilton has some handles but shot selection in this game was terrible
- Boatright is the clear leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member