First Night '24-'25

Reaction Score
Lauren Hassell..
1000011975.jpg
1000011974.jpg

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I was in attendance for First Night and subsequently watched it on TV (I had DVR-ed WFSB's live presentation).

Regarding Ayanna Patterson, when the player intros were being done, she walked out with a sleeve on her left arm but no cast, but soon after that she put on a full sling-type cast that held her left arm in place with the elbow bent (almost as if she had broken the arm, but I haven't heard that she did). She did not play in the "scrimmage" (nor did Azzi, Caroline, or Aubrey).

Azzi and Caroline did participate in the 3-point shooting competition, and they both looked unhampered by any physical limitation. Paige and Allie also represented the women's team in the competition, and I can confirm (as Geno says) that Allie can really shoot the 3-ball. I wonder if her nerves will be as steady when actual games begin. I did not see Aubrey do anything physical (even take a shot during the warmups).

By the way, both the in-arena announcers and the TV broadcaster pronounced her last name as "ZI-bell" (with a long "I" and the accent on the first syllable). I thought I had heard previously that the correct pronunciation is "zuh-BELL" (short "I" and accent on the second syllable). Does anyone know which pronunciation is right? Based on tonight's results, I think her name will be pronounced quite frequently if she sinks one 3 after another, as she did tonight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was in attendance for First Night and subsequently watched it on TV (I had DVR-ed WFSB's live presentation).

Regarding Ayanna Patterson, when the player intros were being done, she walked out with a sleeve on her left arm but no cast, but soon after that she put on a full sling-type cast that held her left arm in place with the elbow bent (almost as if she had broken the arm, but I haven't heard that she did). She did not play in the "scrimmage" (nor did Azzi, Caroline, or Aubrey).

Azzi and Caroline did participate in the 3-point shooting competition, and they both looked unhampered by any physical limitation. Paige and Allie also represented the women's team in the competition, and I can confirm (as Geno says) that Allie can really shoot the 3-ball. I wonder if her nerves will be as steady when actual games begin. I did not see Aubrey do anything physical (even take a shot during the warmups).

By the way, both the in-arena announcers and the TV broadcaster pronounced her last name as "ZI-bell" (with a long "I" and the accent on the first syllable). I thought I had heard previously that the correct pronunciation is "zuh-BELL" (short "I" and accent on the second syllable). Does anyone know which pronunciation is right? Based on tonight's results, I think her name will be pronounced quite frequently if she sinks one 3 after another, as she did tonight.

I think it's pronounced "Curry." :D

Reaction Score
I was present for her injury. It was her shoulder. She went into the trainers room and spent the rst of practice with an ice pack over her shoulder. The next day her left arm was in a sling, likely to take the weight of her arm off her shoulder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom