First NCAA stats report is out | The Boneyard

First NCAA stats report is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn is #1 in overall FG defense (28%) and tied for #289 in 3-point FG defense (35.6%). Purdue had a lot to do with that!

BTW, UConn is #3 in 3-point FG% (43.9%) while Purdue is 4th at 43.9%.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Statistics don't always tell a story, but this is one case they do.

Scan down the individual stats columns, and you will find Connecticut players, but rarely in the top few spots.

Scan down the team stats, and UConn will be at the top, or near the top in many categories.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
When measuring field goal efficiency, the NCAA only includes players with 5 made baskets per game. Only Breanna and KML meet that standard. So Dolson, who has hit 24 of 39 shots for 61.5%, doesn't make the list.

I'm not pointing this out as a criticism of the NCAA, more to point out how deep our team is, and how many scorers we have, that we only have two players with enough made baskets to qualify for the list.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
When measuring field goal efficiency, the NCAA only includes players with 5 made baskets per game. Only Breanna and KML meet that standard. So Dolson, who has hit 24 of 39 shots for 61.5%, doesn't make the list.

I'm not pointing this out as a criticism of the NCAA, more to point out how deep our team is, and how many scorers we have, that we only have two players with enough made baskets to qualify for the list.

BG is nowhere to be found...she has fallen out of the top 50 as a player. ;)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Say Bruin: you probably know Kelly's game better than anyone on the board.

Be 50% realistic and 50% optimistic: where do you see Kelly getting drafted? I think it an absolute lock that she does get picked.

What team might be a good fit for her....I am assuming you have impeccable understanding of all WNBA teams.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
BG is nowhere to be found...she has fallen out of the top 50 as a player. ;)

I see the smilie, so maybe there's a joke I'm missing, but I see her in 25th.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Baylor has a similar problem, even more so. Destiny Williams has the second most makes and the second most attempts, is shooting 59%, but not on the list, because she doesn't make the minimum.

Maryland's Alicia DeVaughn is fourth in the nation, shooting 69% from the field. But if she goes 4-4 (or 4 for anything) against Nebraska, she will drop out of the list.

I'm wondering if the five makes per game is too stringent. I support a hurdle, so a deep bench player who has a couple lucky shots doesn't get on the list, but when half your starters don't qualify, I'm scratching my head.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Say Bruin: you probably know Kelly's game better than anyone on the board.

Be 50% realistic and 50% optimistic: where do you see Kelly getting drafted? I think it an absolute lock that she does get picked.

What team might be a good fit for her....I am assuming you have impeccable understanding of all WNBA teams.
I agree Blake. She gets picked. I would think Indiana would be a good choice for selfish reasons. It would justify my purchase of season tickets next year. If she continues to shoot well - trust me, I am not expecting above 50%, but 40% would be welcomed - I would say top 10 - maybe 6-7th based on her versatility. If not, I still think she will be picked up by 15th.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
These stats are exactly why UCONN should be #1 in the polls.

Reaction Score
Note who's number one - next opponents. Need to not foul Colgate - they lead the country in FT percentage. And have to hit the boards against Maryland - they are leaders in rebounding margin. And that's the problem with statistics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom