First half awards | The Boneyard

First half awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
A view of what I saw during the pre conference schedule:

Best opponent Baylor. They are deep, huge and well-coached. Happy they were seen on game two. I know arguments can be made for several others. Baylor won't lose for a while.

Weirdest moment The last two minutes of FSU. Geno MIGHT have made some game management mistakes. Something that never happens. Like ever. Seeing in the top corner of the picture Lou vomiting on the sidelines of the Maryland game was a close second.

Best quarter The first quarter against DePaul, the third against Maryland and the fourth against Nebraska. The first two fairly obvious. The Nebraska quarter is a great example of just how great the chemistry is with this team. Kia, Lou and Saniya were great with the non starters.

Biggest disappointment The officiating. Not necessarily biased but just really inconsistent. It is tough for coaches and players when what is a foul varies from ref to ref. Seems worse this year.

Most improved Strong cases can be made for several others but my vote is Lou. I have been watching some early last year games. It is like an entirely new player has emerged. The carefree California kid is now a misnomer. She demonstrates toughness every game.

Easiest to cheer for Again cases could be made for others but I choose Saniya. After all she has been through, her efforts against FSU and Maryland are highlights to me.

Best individual game Gabby's ND game over Kia's Depaul game. Several others deserve mention but these two stick to me.

Best interview Geno's pre Maryland discussion. He was patient, thoughtful and funny. Normal Geno stuff except he was sicker than a dog. Impressive.

That is all I have. Feel free to add others.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes, Carnac. And the winner is (in your envelope, of course) .....

You forcing me out on a limb the first day of 2017. Ok, let's do it. Based on everything that has transpired thus far, the envelope says........................................Your UConn Huskies pull off the unthinkable this season, with a team that no one (including Geno) thought could get that far into the tournament, win it all. This 2016-2017 team was vastly underrated by most everyone. They have some grit, determination and resolve, than did not surface until the season began. Hardly anyone saw this team at 12-0 on January 1, during the summer. I certainly didn't.

I echo Geno's response (prior to the semi-final game of the final 4) to a TV reporter that asked him what he thought his team's chances were at THAT point. He said ....................."I think if we were going to lose, we'd have done so by now". That looming gauntlet that was before them at the beginning of the season is behind them now. They came through unscathed. The road to the end of the regular season at this point is slightly downhill. No doubt Geno and staff began to get the girls tournament ready the first practice after the Maryland game.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Lou with color back in her face. Saniya's mind wandered a bit there. Guessing she won't do that again soon. Maybe a little fatigued?

Reaction Score
A view of what I saw during the pre conference schedule:

Best opponent Baylor. They are deep, huge and well-coached. Happy they were seen on game two. I know arguments can be made for several others. Baylor won't lose for a while.

Weirdest moment The last two minutes of FSU. Geno MIGHT have made some game management mistakes. Something that never happens. Like ever. Seeing in the top corner of the picture Lou vomiting on the sidelines of the Maryland game was a close second.

Best quarter The first quarter against DePaul, the third against Maryland and the fourth against Nebraska. The first two fairly obvious. The Nebraska quarter is a great example of just how great the chemistry is with this team. Kia, Lou and Saniya were great with the non starters.

Biggest disappointment The officiating. Not necessarily biased but just really inconsistent. It is tough for coaches and players when what is a foul varies from ref to ref. Seems worse this year.

Most improved Strong cases can be made for several others but my vote is Lou. I have been watching some early last year games. It is like an entirely new player has emerged. The carefree California kid is now a misnomer. She demonstrates toughness every game.

Easiest to cheer for Again cases could be made for others but I choose Saniya. After all she has been through, her efforts against FSU and Maryland are highlights to me.

Best individual game Gabby's ND game over Kia's Depaul game. Several others deserve mention but these two stick to me.

Best interview Geno's pre Maryland discussion. He was patient, thoughtful and funny. Normal Geno stuff except he was sicker than a dog. Impressive.

That is all I have. Feel free to add others.

This post was enough for me. It was great!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA