First Gampel Visit | The Boneyard

First Gampel Visit

Reaction Score
Hello all! I am a long time local Boneyard lurker who finally decided to create an identity. I have loved following this board for years- congrats on all you do and think and share.

I have been to a handful of games at Excel, but never Gampel. and am going Saturday for the first time - 6 of us, 5 adults and one 7 year old. They're all from NY, I'm the only CT resident, and I want to ensure the experience is as pleasurable as it can be. I've gotten some parking advice and recommendations to go have ice cream - what else do we need to know?

Note: my nephew, who is one of my guests (and father of the 7-year old), has been a middle-school girls coach and is excited about being in the world of Geno. Any tips as to how to enhance that connection, let me know.

Thank you!

CL

Reaction Score
You could go check out the trophies at the Alumni Center a short distance away. It is tucked away and downstairs so you have to look for it! (It is where they tape the Geno show)

Reaction Score
The only word of advice I would give is to make sure to arrive early -- it's Senior night and they will honor the two seniors probably around 4:15 pm. They will probably give Gabby her 1000 point ball as well. Since it's Senior Night, there could be lots of traffic.

Reaction Score
Get there very,very early, no later than 3:00 for senior day. Traffic in Storrs for home games can be brutal.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
make sure your cell phone is charged to 100% for pictures...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom