First Game? | The Boneyard

First Game?

Reaction Score
Quick question- Sorry if I missed it. because everything is so confusing now. Are we still playing our first game against central or umass on November 25th or is that now out the window because the team has been on a two week quarantine? I know there was some talk 2 weeks ago about a set schedule for at least the first month/December but I haven’t heard anything so I was just wondering if things got pushed back or if those possible 2 November games got canceled altogether.

Reaction Score
Quick question- Sorry if I missed it. because everything is so confusing now. Are we still playing our first game against central or umass on November 25th or is that now out the window because the team has been on a two week quarantine? I know there was some talk 2 weeks ago about a set schedule for at least the first month/December but I haven’t heard anything so I was just wondering if things got pushed back or if those possible 2 November games got canceled altogether.
It would be Central and Uhart but no contract has been signed. I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that they would announce if they were playing or not sometime this week.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard announcement (When - not the game is this Wednesday) will be Wednesday - not confirmed
Fingers Crossed :p

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
In preparation for our upcoming games, I rewatched February's home games vs Memphis and Houston.
CV was pretty important in those wins. I'm not as worried if we can replace his clutch shots, but his rebounding, toughness and defense will be missed for sure. It's too bad he couldn't get the opportunity to finish off his senior season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In preparation for our upcoming games, I rewatched February's home games vs Memphis and Houston.
CV was pretty important in those wins. I'm not as worried if we can replace his clutch shots, but his rebounding, toughness and defense will be missed for sure. It's too bad he couldn't get the opportunity to finish off his senior season.
I've been watching the natties. I finished 2004 and went back to watch the Duke semi, which may be one of favorite games of the Calhoun era.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys - I guess one of the positives about this Covid schedule is the fact that we’re going to have a whole flurry of games (hopefully) between November 25 and Christmas - should be awesome

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I've been watching the natties. I finished 2004 and went back to watch the Duke semi, which may be one of favorite games of the Calhoun era.

This 2004 semi final game was very nerve-wracking for me. After the game ended I ran into my bathroom and vomited .... and I wasn't even drinking. At least the next game was a peace of cake .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This 2004 semi final game was very nerve-wracking for me. After the game ended I ran into my bathroom and vomited .... and I wasn't even drinking. At least the next game was a peace of cake .
So much going on the game, but Calhoun sticking with the two fouls and sit made all the difference. I loved Emeka's 18 point second half. He played with a incredible chip on shoulder. Shad hitting those three point daggers; Duke being completely locked down in winning time and Josh Boone (aka Josh Brown) playing like an absolute monster.... what's not to like?

To tell the truth though, even knowing the outcome it is still a maddening watch. When you find yourself yelling at a rerun of a game that you know that you won, you know you are a Husky fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CV was incredible the last 5-6 games. We are going to miss him at times this year....toughness leadership. But I think we have some tough dudes and hopefully a leader emerges.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So much going on the game, but Calhoun sticking with the two fouls and sit made all the difference. I loved Emeka's 18 point second half. He played with a incredible chip on shoulder. Shad hitting those three point daggers; Duke being completely locked down in winning time and Josh Boone (aka Josh Brown) playing like an absolute monster.... what's not to like?

To tell the truth though, even knowing the outcome it is still a maddening watch. When you are yelling at rerun, that you won, you know you are a Husky fan.
The 2004 semi-final vs. Duke is in the pantheon of all-time painful UConn wins. I have never attended a more nerve-wracking game. I legitimately thought I was going to have a cardiac event, and my buddy told me he would carry me out if he needed to.

The 2004 Big East final vs. Pitt was another brutal win; I was also in attendance for that one.

And 1999 Elite Eight vs. Gonzaga. I was not in attendance for that game, but I had tickets for the Final Four and my plane was already booked, and it looked like it was all going to disappear for a few moments down the stretch there.

Those are my top three nominees for painful-yet-glorious UConn wins.

Reaction Score
I rewatched most of the highlight videos on Storrs South’s YouTube and this also stood out to me. Houston, Cincy, Memphis, Florida all big wins, it wasn’t all CV but he has a big part of those wins

Reaction Score
Those are my top three nominees for painful-yet-glorious UConn wins.

And then there's the category of painful-and-decidedly-not-glorious UConn wins. March 4,1999, Ranked #2 nationally, the 25-2 Huskies take on the unranked (BET 9 seed) Seton Hall Pirates in their first round BET game. Huskies won 57-56 - a truly excruciating watch.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I think rj can fill cv's shoes and then some. CV came thru at the end of last year but was very difficult at times to watch. He was not a top 100 player last year and apparently some think RJ will be one.

Reaction Score

To tell the truth though, even knowing the outcome it is still a maddening watch. When you find yourself yelling at a rerun of a game that you know that you won, you know you are a Husky fan.
It's funny because every UConn fan Ive talked to over the years had the same reaction to the Duke game in 2004. That's by far at the top of the list of all time heart attack games. After what we experienced with that Duke game, I think everybody deserved that smooth sailing vs Georgia Tech in the National Championship game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom