First Foul on Brimah 1:46 Left | The Boneyard

First Foul on Brimah 1:46 Left

Reaction Score
USF bombed 3s most of the game but regardless he was able to be out there and contributed some good alterations/blocks and rebounds

Reaction Score
I laughed when they said that. He was still a factor. He did a lot more by doing a little less.

Reaction Score
8 boards too. Only dude who didn't get into double figures scoring, but we didn't exactly need it.

Reaction Score
He doesn't jump for rebounds for some reason, he throws his long arms up there and the ball sometimes ends up in them.If he would just box out and jump....
He also tries to just tip the offensive rebounds back in the general direction of the rim instead of grabbing them. It bothers me to no end. He's good at getting a hand on the ball, but not actually corralling it. If he would just smack the ball back out to a guard on the o-boards, he'd average double digit rebounds.

Reaction Score
The swatting thing he does on blocks is annoying. Rather than simply block shot he tries to send into first row. okafor and thabeet simply went up for blocks....all you need to do is stop ball from going in and not spike ball into floor. For some reason 4th year in he still does not get it.

Reaction Score
The swatting thing he does on blocks is annoying. Rather than simply block shot he tries to send into first row. okafor and thabeet simply went up for blocks....all you need to do is stop ball from going in and not spike ball into floor. For some reason 4th year in he still does not get it.
I would prefer if he kept more balls in play but to act like Thabeet or Okafor never sent a shot into the stands is ridiculous, especially in regards to Thabeet.

Reaction Score
Swatting really only makes sense if you know you have the opponent's shot sized up.

Going straight up puts you in a much better position to grab the rebound, so when Brimah sways at a shot he only has a slight chance of blocking, he's removing himself from the play.

It's remarkable how many fouls he saves himself with nobody on the bench behind him. Brimah should always play like there's no backup for him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Swatting really only makes sense if you know you have the opponent's shot sized up.

Going straight up puts you in a much better position to grab the rebound, so when Brimah sways at a shot he only has a slight chance of blocking, he's removing himself from the play.

It's remarkable how many fouls he saves himself with nobody on the bench behind him. Brimah should always play like there's no backup for him.
There is no backup for him.

Reaction Score
AB had 6 points in 37 minutes, but 4 of them were OOPS by Jalen. I don't understand why at his new and improved bulk he is still getting thrown around like a rag doll and he can't power up for a layup. Did not go to the line. Seriously, who comes in for Facey and Brimah off the bench? Do we have a bulky 6'6" walk on?

Reaction Score
AB had 6 points in 37 minutes, but 4 of them were OOPS by Jalen. I don't understand why at his new and improved bulk he is still getting thrown around like a rag doll and he can't power up for a layup. Did not go to the line. Seriously, who comes in for Facey and Brimah off the bench? Do we have a bulky 6'6" walk on?
Bulk isn't as important as balance and body control. Brimah has neither, which is a big part of why he's a poor rebounder and a poor post defender. All you have to do is nudge him slightly and he takes forever to get his feet back under him, get himself squared away, and get off the floor. By that point someone else has already gotten the ball.

It's a different physical skill set than blocking shots or catching lobs. In both of those you're lining stuff up and have an unimpeded runway for take-off.

The thing that made Emeka so special was how often he blocked his own dude's shot. He didn't do so because he was bulky, but because he had such, such great balance. It allowed him to be quicker off his feet than almost anyone his size.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If they attack the paint like a remotely decent team would do against us, he'd have played 10-15 minutes.

This game was an outlier.

Reaction Score
When we play Cincinatti he'll get 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes. We need to try to get it to Facey at the foul line or even Vance, and they will be denying them like crazy.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore was on the Rob Dibble show today...said that Enoch is likely out for weeks if not the season for what is a precursor to a stress fracture. AB is in foul trouble before the tipoff.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore was on the Rob Dibble show today...said that Enoch is likely out for weeks if not the season for what is a precursor to a stress fracture. AB is in foul trouble before the tipoff.
At least they caught it before it was a full break, but damn what a freaking bummer. Nobody needs game time more than Enoch does, and now he's losing half a season that he wont' get back b/c he's not going to be able to redshirt.

Nightmare year.

Reaction Score

The bad luck of this team is becoming epic. There is a high likelihood we will have at least one game with multiple walk-ons on the court for significant minutes, if, they can stay healthy. A thread comparing this year's uconn squad to other snakebit teams would seem inevitable.

Beyond that, I don't understand why Ollie insists on saying players are day to day in these circumstances. Why not just say the medical staff doesn't know? Or, acknowledge that there is at least some risk that recovery might be long term. I know nobody cares, or should care, about my sensitivities, but this 'day to day' stuff changing to 'gone for the season' is starting to piss me off. When stuff happens just tell it like it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom