First for everything... | The Boneyard

First for everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tonight will be the first and likely ONLY night that I, a diehard UConn fan, will be rooting for the young ladies in Orange and Baby Blue.

Now it would be easy for me to say (or others to assume) I want Baylor to lose so UConn has an easier road, but the truth is, is that I want the Lady Vols to win for Pat (who is likely coaching in her final season and that would just be an amazing send off for all she has done for not only all her (current/former) players and Tennessee, but ALL OF Women's Basketball!!!!) And I know this to be the sole reason because part of me still wants Baylor to win because I enjoy winning more than anything, but the only thing I enjoy more than winning is winning against the BEST and I would love it if, in fact, UConn were to win, it be against the BEST and this season, that's Griner and undefeated Baylor. I would love nothing more than it to be Geno and the Huskies to be the ones to wipe the smirks off of all the Baylor players/coaches!!!!

So Tennessee, enjoy it while it lasts...because I don't think I'm the only UConn fans sharing this same sentiment tonight...take advantage of it while you can!!!!! (I'm even wearing TN orange today at work....LOL) ;)

Reaction Score
REVOLTIN', AIN'T IT DOC????
bugs_bunny_explosion.jpg

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Part of me wants UT to win so that class gets to a final four and doesn't have to go down in infamy...and I am starting to really dislike Kim Mulkey after that BS after the Georgia Tech game re: clearing benches. Still...can't bring myself to root for UT. Not actively, anyway.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Part of me wants UT to win so that class gets to a final four and doesn't have to go down in infamy...and I am starting to really dislike Kim Mulkey after that BS after the Georgia Tech game re: clearing benches. Still...can't bring myself to root for UT. Not actively, anyway.

I will never root for UT - No way, no how !! I would even root for ND or Stanford or Rutgers before UT !

That's like a Yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox, or a Giants fan rooting for the Patriots

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
One side of me wants to see Pat win and get to the Final Four, but then I stop and think is that what I really want. No its not, I don't want Pat to win Championship #9 and by losing to Baylor they won't get it.

Baylor is on a mission after the last two years, so I don't see them losing tonight. However, I do believe that Tenn has a chance to win if they hit their 3 point shots and Glory stays out of foul trouble. In addition, Stricklen has to play like the All American that she and the Lady Vol program believe she is.

Reaction Score
Well, I'm rooting LVs because I think a UConn-LVs NC game would be the absolutely perfect way for Pat to take her leave. It would be very very good for the sport as a whole, and that's ALWAYS been #1 for Pat.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I will never root for UT - No way, no how !! I would even root for ND or Stanford or Rutgers before UT !

That's like a Yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox, or a Giants fan rooting for the Patriots
I thought you were going to say a Giants fan rooting for the Dodgers!!!

Reaction Score
My only worry is that if Baylor is out of the tournament, that also makes ND's road easier...

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I thought you were going to say a Giants fan rooting for the Dodgers!!!

You're right - it could be like a Giants fan rooting for the Dodgers, lions laying down with lambs, etc.

Reaction Score
Don't want the Geno v. Pat circus in town.

Don't want it to be us to "end" Pat's career if this season is truly her last.

So....Go Baylor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01