First Day of Official Practice? | The Boneyard

First Day of Official Practice?

Reaction Score
Dawn tweeted that today is the first day of "official practice." I looked up the rule:

17.3.2.2 Women's Basketball. An institution shall not commence on-court preseason basketball practice sessions prior to 5 p.m. on the date that is 40 days prior to the date of the institution's first regular-season contest. An institution shall not engage in more than 30 days of countable athletically related activities prior to its first regular-season contest.

Our gals have been working out together all summer and thus far this semester in school facilities. I'm pretty sure this has been done everywhere. Has it been because coaches (other than strength and fitness coaches) have not been present during those workouts until now?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
LSU also starts practice today also.

Super excited.

Reaction Score
Coaches are definitely present during preseason workouts and practices for schools, you can see them in the videos. I’m not really sure what the difference is between off-season practices and official season practices. Maybe length of time and how optional they are?

I know UConn doesn’t like to kick off official practices until the week of October 10th. So the Huskies will have a few weeks of off-season work left.

Reaction Score
Coaches are definitely present during preseason workouts and practices for schools, you can see them in the videos. I’m not really sure what the difference is between off-season practices and official season practices. Maybe length of time and how optional they are?

I know UConn doesn’t like to kick off official practices until the week of October 10th. So the Huskies will have a few weeks of off-season work left.

Off-season practices are limited. I don't remember how many hours, but it is definitely less than official practices.

Reaction Score
I think these young women play all year long, whether it's three on three, five on five, playground, gym, or their backyard. The only difference is that when they actually practice it's monitored.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom