OT: First Cuse, now Pitt | The Boneyard

OT: First Cuse, now Pitt

Reaction Score
Pitt just lost to something called Nicholls. Like how the first week of the season is going so far.
The only benefit they (Cuse, BC, Pitt) get from the ACC is the conference paycheck ((albeit nice to have). How long will their fans tolerate their programs demise into oblivion?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I’m as big a Syracuse hater as you’ll find. They lost to the defending national champions. Pitt, otoh, has no such excuse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Pitt was chair of the BE. They were the deciding vote on refusing the ESPN offer given to the BE before the breakup. A short time later the announcement came they were going to the ACC. They were the first domino and the only university that left who submarined the contract. I love dumping on the orange because they are the orange and were our best rivalry. The underhandedness of Pitt puts them at bigger contempt level for me. They and BCU can't do badly enough in sports as far as I'm concerned.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I absolutely hate to be that guy - there is no single program more odious than Syracuse - but they lost to the 11th ranked team in the country, as we almost undoubtedly would have.
If you hate being that guy then why be that guy. Who cares about details when there is a Syracuse diss going on. :cool:

Reaction Score
I’m as big a Syracuse hater as you’ll find. They lost to the defending national champions. Pitt, otoh, has no such excuse.
Not exactly. They lost to what's left of the defending national champs. Cavs lost 69% of their scoring to the NBA . . . and it showed.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Not exactly. They lost to what's left of the defending national champs. Cavs lost 69% of their scoring to the NBA . . . and it showed.

True, but what’s left of that team is still highly regarded.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You. Hate.To. See. It.

UncomfortablePopularIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

Reaction Score
No question......but they scored 34 points

And held the former national champ to 48...

There is a reason that Virginia is ranked...lost talent but still pretty good.

Reaction Score
And held the former national champ to 48...

There is a reason that Virginia is ranked...lost talent but still pretty good.
34 points......think about that. It’s pathetic for any D1 program to score 34 points. At home. And it’s Syracuse. Think you’re on the wrong board defending them.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23
Reaction Score
The only benefit they (Cuse, BC, Pitt) get from the ACC is the conference paycheck ((albeit nice to have). How long will their fans tolerate their programs demise into oblivion?

Exactly... They are in the wrong conference. They never belonged in the ACC. Their brands are suffering. Pitt has done ok in football nothing spectacular. Syracuse has had a couple of big wins, but they aren't world-beaters. This season when they were pre-season top 25 I thought, "damn, they might be ok." but nope.

Syracuse just scored a whopping 34 points against Virginia in basketball. They have lost their identity in that conference with UNC, Duke and Virginia. Pitt hasn't been close to the same either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom