Fine audio tape comes out | The Boneyard

Fine audio tape comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Done.
Based on that alone he's done.

When your wife has "concerns" about you, the writing is on the wall.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Bernie's wife had a relationship with this guy as well? wtfbbq?

Reaction Score
Only relevant question: did Syracuse U. have the tape?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Some great quotes from multiple posters on the SU Board:

"Clearly no love lost from his wife. Sounds like she wants him gone as much as Davis and she sounds way way to lackidaisical about it like this type of thing happens every day. Not to mention that she was sleeping with him at the time.

Begs the question ... if Laurie Fine was sleeping with Davis ... and she wanted Bernie gone would the two of them collaborate and set this whole thing up? Which is why this tape wasn't around about 8 years ago ... makes one wonder doesn't it?"​

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

But doesn't it sort of beg that question? I think the fact that she had a relationship with this kid makes this thing even weirder ...

Reaction Score
But doesn't it sort of beg that question? I think the fact that she had a relationship with this kid makes this thing even weirder ...

Well the thing to do when your husband is molesting kids is to keep it quiet, stay married, and then when the kids are of age, sleep with them. Apparently. (I'm not trying to be funny).

But, I don't buy that she was biding her time for all these years. The tape was made almost a decade ago.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Well the thing to do when your husband is molesting kids is to keep it quiet, stay married, and then when the kids are of age, sleep with them. Apparently. (I'm not trying to be funny).

But, I don't buy that she was biding her time for all these years. The tape was made almost a decade ago.

Yea ... I agree with the biding her time thing. I just think that her sleeping with him as well makes this whole thing a little fishy

Reaction Score
JB really shouldn't have released such a strong statement defending Fine and calling all the accusations lies. It looks that it could severely bit him in the ass.

Reaction Score
The evidence keeps getting stronger. Fine may get away from jail time due to the statute of limitations, but Syracuse BB is going to be severely penalized. The school needs to do an upheaval like penn state to put everything behind them or else it's going to be a PR night mare.

Reaction Score
The evidence keeps getting stronger. Fine may get away from jail time due to the statute of limitations, but Syracuse BB is going to be severely penalized. The school needs to do an upheaval like penn state to put everything behind them or else it's going to be a PR night mare.

There's federal involvement now, transporting minors over state lines. NY's statute of limitations might not apply.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
No matter which side is true or not true... that's one messed up marriage.

Reaction Score
Mark it down. He's done.
Innocent/guilty, minor contact/forcible rape, long time ago/recent - these things don't matter.

This guy is now too dirtied to continue in his present capacity. I'd say that there is only a very small chance he's still on the bench when we play them for the first time. He'll be put on administrative leave and then he'll be put out to pasture.

Adding to the urgency will be the University's desire to distance this guy from JB ASAP.

Frankly, from a PR and $ perspective, if not a moral/Constitutional perspective, they've mishandled it very badly thus far.

Cut him. Staunch the bleeding. Run damage control. Try to get ahead of the train wreck if there's anything else coming down the tracks.

This isn't even hard call, and if JB ends up eating a big piece of pie he's got nobody to blame but himself for so myopically, obstinately, quickly, and somewhat standoffishly rushing to this guys defense without having all of the facts and without being able to set aside his personal bias.

Reaction Score
Third Accuser Just Came Forward.

He's been known for awhile.

He posted on ESPN's Outside the Lines Facebook page when this first came out.

I keep telling people not to overlook social media in these instances since it's the easiest way to get your story out. People tend to ignore the fact that the PSU story came out only because of gossip two years ago on the PSU Rivals site.

Reaction Score
Trust me, SU fans are sickened by Fine and feel betrayed. We want him gone right now. We want him fired and punished to the fullest extent of the law, if that still applies thus far down the road.

Reaction Score
Trust me, SU fans are sickened by Fine and feel betrayed. We want him gone right now. We want him fired and punished to the fullest extent of the law, if that still applies thus far down the road.

It appears most people believe that fine is guilty at this point. The question is whether or not Syracuse should penalize others involved with the situation. Obviously Paterno got canned because of what someone else did under his watch/ there were rumors about it that he knew about and apparently took action on, but didn't take enough action on. Then there is Calhoun who is suspended 3 games this season for violations surrounding the program. If Calhoun deserves a 3 game suspension for assistants and former people associated with the program giving extra benefits/ making extra phone calls to recruits than I don't see how JB doesn't get some sort of punishment. Obviously the school would self impose it and not the NCAA. Then there's the whole PR mess with him saying how the accuser is telling 1000 lies and that he is money hungry. That PR stuff is separate and could cause the Syracuse administration to take serious action against him. Even termination like in the Joe Pa case. Joe Pa was fired mostly because of the bad PR and not as a result of his direct actions surrounding the issue. ESPN and other media have a lot to do with the PR issues for both schools.

Reaction Score
My experience with the Syracuse board/fans.

After Nate Miles was expelled for calling his ex-gf against a restraining order. On the Syracuse board they were talking all sorts of trash about how Calhoun was hiring these convicts and didn't care about discipline. They were conveniently ignoring the fact that at the same time Devendorf punched a woman and Boeheim was defending Devendorf saying that he shouldn't be punished severely. I said they were hypocrites and was promptly banned from their board.

Reaction Score
I dont have the desire to read all about this case, but is the worst case scenario that Fine started with this ball boy at 17 years old? Are any of the alleged victims younger? I just have a difficult time wrapping my mind around the amount of time and the physical relationships this one guy had with both of the Fines. Sordid, but how much of it was actually illegal? If and when JB knew anything, it may have been that Bernie likes young men, he just didn't know the full extent of it.

12-13 years old for Davis and 13 year old for Tomaselli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom