Finally The Post Season Is Here | The Boneyard

Finally The Post Season Is Here

Reaction Score
It's been a really tough regular season all around for everyone. The players who played, the players who were injured and either out for the season or for large parts of it, the coaches, the families of the players, and of course, we fans. I for one am very glad the post season is here. It's a time to start fresh, to begin again, to focus eventually on winning the last game we play this year, but in the process to take one game at a time and to make the next game the season's most important. That is actually true for both the BE and the NCAA because this year the league tourney will tell us a lot about where we are now and how far we might go and may very well impact the seedings and who we play and when. It may also give us a glimpse of Azzi coming back and how we will be as a team with her return. I'm just really glad it is here.

I know there are a lot of naysayers and non-believers and it is clear that this season has been very difficult to get through and that last May the thought of 5 losses during the regular season and 2 to different BE foes was unthinkable. Yet here we are. I don't think it matters right now.

I keep on going back to last year. It was another tough year but somehow Geno put on his magician's hat and got us to the Finals. I thought it was his best coaching job ever. He is doing something to this team right now, we can all be assured of that. Will it work? At least we are at the point where we will find out.

There are a lot of very knowledgable and articulate basketball fans and students of the game on this site. I think they have covered everything that needed to be said about this team and the regular season that has now floated by. But now is the jumping off point. I will be holding my breath (figuratively only) tomorrow at noon.

In my heart of hearts though, I believe and I trust. Perhaps I have read too many posts from Tony C. Perhaps I simply will not accept that all of what we went through this year was for naught and did not make us stronger. Either way, I'm glad it's time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm hoping having something new to work for, BET or NCAAT will help them focus. They only need to focus for a short time. We'll see.

Reaction Score
A major difference last year was that Paige B came back for the BE and NCAA Tournements. I think that Azzi was there and Dorka played very well until she broke her wrist. That made a big difference between this year and last year. That is a lot of firepower that is not available this year. Until we hear about the availability of Azzi, we have what we have.

Reaction Score
A major difference last year was that Paige B came back for the BE and NCAA Tournements. I think that Azzi was there and Dorka played very well until she broke her wrist. That made a big difference between this year and last year. That is a lot of firepower that is not available this year. Until we hear about the availability of Azzi, we have what we have.
All true and Paige was the obvious difference. However, this year we have improved versions of Aaliyah, Aubrey and Nika, and we have a new player in Lou playing in the NCAA against teams that haven't played her before in the BE. It may not be an equal weight on the scale compared to Paige but at least it is a weight. Also, Azzi was not feeling well in the FF last year. She only had 8 points against Stanford and 3 against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
I have no quibbles with BBallF's post except for the title. I most certainly am not glad that the post season is upon us. Once the tournaments are over no more UConn basketball for what seems like forever.

Reaction Score
Tbh I'm looking for this season to be over and have a fresh start with the players being healthy and re-energized. These girls look so drained

Reaction Score
I have no quibbles with BBallF's post except for the title. I most certainly am not glad that the post season is upon us. Once the tournaments are over no more UConn basketball for what seems like forever.
. . . unless, of course, we win it all. Then that off season can last f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Kat

Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching the regular season games. The competition, the way that the players stepped up despite the injuries. More than anything, I just enjoyed watching their camaraderie, the way that they supported each other, and the way that someone would step up and give what was needed in the clutch. Sure, I'm looking forward to March Madness but this season has been special.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Remember what Yogi said, and I don't mean the one known for "Yabba, Dabba, Doo".
I think you mean "Smarter than the average bear." ;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Like just about everyone else...I have no idea which version of UConn turns up tomorrow (as I follow the snow to Reno).

• Will there be continuity with the less than stellar results of the last few weeks
  • Will the short rest and Geno's appeal create a more coherent stretch of basketball, whether immediate or gradual.
-Will an entirely new (old) UConn emerge, playing coherent, special BB on both ends

Hopefully, that's the range of responses throughout the board.

The likelihood is...they'll play as they have; that's the way they are at present. Talks cheap...Probably the most likely result.

But go back to hugely talented team of Breanna's freshman year...They had played a host of hard fought games with ND, all loses...But Geno alerted us, he could show the kids how to win a Natty...
But that group was merely brow-beaten, not physically beaten up.

But Geno announced the contrary view at the now celebrated, recent presser, but he did leave an out, saying the problems were fixable...

Possibility: improvement, but maybe not enough.
I subscribe to that view

Reaction Score
From here on, it is one and done. So I expect to see a UCONN team that will fight every game! The players have worked hard all season and still have the goals of winning the BE and fighting for the NCAA title.

Reaction Score
Oh, but then we get to write 4,000 posts for months on end about who the starting 5 are going to be and how the minutes will be distributed. Exciting, I can't wait.

Reaction Score
The rest they get from end of season to BET, plus the additional time off from conclusion of BET to NCAA tournament, will really help the team to recharge their batteries and recover their energy. I am getting more confident that Azzi will start playing again, and then I like our chances to continue the Final 4 streak and beyond. Having Aubrey able to play this year is a big plus. Geno isn't done yet with his magic!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom