Finally polley & hawkins | The Boneyard

Finally polley & hawkins

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This is the most I have ever seen polley or Hawkins take it to the basket which makes this team that more dangerous. It opens the game up more and it’s makes them more than 1 dimensional
Actually I haven't seen Polley do that in years. Lately he is bringing it to the hoop. He looks great and that is another plus if Polley continues. Fakes the three and delivers it to the hoop.

Reaction Score
Sanogo on the bench and Whaley hitting 3’s opens the lane up a lot more.

Reaction Score
This is the 5th game of the year that Polley and Hawkins have been in double figures

Other games...
Binghamton
Auburn
St. Bonaventure
Butler

Blowouts and huge wins. We're hard to beat when it happens.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This has to be something they are working on, had heavily in the game plan. Georgetown was so bad at game planning that they were going under screens against Polley and he was still choosing to drive.

Hawkins looked very comfortable driving, he had trouble with his handle on these types of drives earlier in the year. Very good sign.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This quote from the article ties in to the end of the Georgetown Post Game thread.

"The Huskies’ two most efficient five-man lineups are Polley replacing either Isaiah Whaley or Adama Sanogo and playing with the other starters. Per EvanMiya, Polley coming in for Whaley has an adjusted team efficiency margin of 44.3. When he replaces Sanogo, it’s 41.3. These lineups are the No. 7 and No. 8 best five-man lineups in the Big East."

UConn is best with a four out, one in lineup. When Sanogo is the one big it gives him room to work one on one and opponents trying to double team have to move further and leave UConn shooters or slashers more room. When Whaley is in there, it can almost be a five out lineup with plenty of room to drive to the rim and no rim protector. If Whaley can keep making one or two 3's a game, it's really tough on the D.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This quote from the article ties in to the end of the Georgetown Post Game thread.

"The Huskies’ two most efficient five-man lineups are Polley replacing either Isaiah Whaley or Adama Sanogo and playing with the other starters. Per EvanMiya, Polley coming in for Whaley has an adjusted team efficiency margin of 44.3. When he replaces Sanogo, it’s 41.3. These lineups are the No. 7 and No. 8 best five-man lineups in the Big East."

UConn is best with a four out, one in lineup. When Sanogo is the one big it gives him room to work one on one and opponents trying to double team have to move further and leave UConn shooters or slashers more room. When Whaley is in there, it can almost be a five out lineup with plenty of room to drive to the rim and no rim protector. If Whaley can keep making one or two 3's a game, it's really tough on the D.
What we really need is a more traditional stretch 4 that understands schemes(unlike Akok) and is at least somewhat competent on the boards(unlike Polley). I foresee AK getting more time early than other freshman have because he’s the type of player that does a lot of things we will need at that spot.

Reaction Score
I’ve been calling for these two specifically to pump fake and drive all year. Nova is great at this, and most great teams are as well. Need them to keep using that as a threat, unlocks a lot of open shots.

Reaction Score
I’ve been calling for these two specifically to pump fake and drive all year. Nova is great at this, and most great teams are as well. Need them to keep using that as a threat, unlocks a lot of open shots.
Polley used the pump fake and drive multiple times in the epic Marquette scoring explosion last year. Despite many people here thinking he can only shoot from deep, Tyler Phommachanh has excellent body control and an above average handle. Long arms and height allow him to get shots up over people in the paint. He must drive a few times each game to keep defenses honest.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He was driving with success just before his injury.

Reaction Score
What we really need is a more traditional stretch 4 that understands schemes(unlike Akok) and is at least somewhat competent on the boards(unlike Polley). I foresee AK getting more time early than other freshman have because he’s the type of player that does a lot of things we will need at that spot.
like samson? next year is looking like a time share at the 4 between him, karaban, and akok...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom