Finally, Great Stuff on Inside UConn | The Boneyard

Finally, Great Stuff on Inside UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Auriemma Doesn’t Need Losses To Motivate Huskies, But Firmly Believes ‘Nobody Is Perfect’

Good stuff on Geno motivating.

"The players we get here for the most part, they want me to be honest with them. Whether we win by five or by 50 there are points in every game, there are points after the game where I ask them, 'Is this as good as you are? Is this what we can expect from you? Or is there more left?'"

That's when Auriemma invariably breaks out a five-minute clip from the previous game.

"I'll ask, 'Are you proud of this?' They'll say no. 'OK, ask yourself this one question. Did we win today because we're way better than them and played better than them, or because they're not very good? Which was it?'"
"Up pops the video. Down goes the chins."

Really good work.

Reaction Score
Auriemma Doesn’t Need Losses To Motivate Huskies, But Firmly Believes ‘Nobody Is Perfect’

Good stuff on Geno motivating.

"The players we get here for the most part, they want me to be honest with them. Whether we win by five or by 50 there are points in every game, there are points after the game where I ask them, 'Is this as good as you are? Is this what we can expect from you? Or is there more left?'"

That's when Auriemma invariably breaks out a five-minute clip from the previous game.

"I'll ask, 'Are you proud of this?' They'll say no. 'OK, ask yourself this one question. Did we win today because we're way better than them and played better than them, or because they're not very good? Which was it?'"
"Up pops the video. Down goes the chins."

Really good work.
Pure--Classic Geno!! I'm a believer that there are no "good" loses--there are learning points in every game--and some loses provide more learning points. If you know your team (and Geno knows them in detail) you know the strengths and weakness--and work them to death in practice
When he recruits he tells them the truth--when they arrive--shock what he said was true--some see a leave--others become greater==some become practice players--the Geno system. But twice winning 90 tells more about the top 25 schools then Uconn the 138--tells everything about Uconn W BB.

Reaction Score
Is this a great line or what? "The next time UConn loses, Katie Lou may have a daughter playing in the game." Has Jeff slipped off the edge while we weren't looking? OR "If this be madness, yet there's method in't."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom