Finally Akok in crunch time

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Realized after I posted this he was 1/9 jeeez

Yes, but...………..at least 2 of his three's were right on line and rimmed out. His feel for the game and his trigger for shooting are fine. He had a poor shooting night. There were also a few times he was wide open and passes to him got deflected. Those things happen. But he was where he needed to be to make a play. I want him on the floor for 30 min.

Reaction Score
He’s got all the skills, but is the literal definition of a tweener. It would be nice to know your 6’10 PF knows how to play with his back to the basket

Reaction Score
I keep seeing more Garnett than anything. Imagine if we can get him to find a mean streak

Reaction Score
Akok is going to be an outstanding player for this program. Sometimes freshman just hit walls. I’m not concerned for him whatsoever. He needs to make some shots to get his confidence back. He also needs to gain a lot of weight. At the 4, you’ll get bullied in the NBA if you’re anything under 220.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Realized after I posted this he was 1/9 jeeez
A majority of those were good looks. I don’t mind him shooting when they are good looks. He and bout should shoot when they can

Reaction Score
He’s got all the skills, but is the literal definition of a tweener. It would be nice to know your 6’10 PF knows how to play with his back to the basket

The game has changed, you're never going to see this moving forward on any team, this is considered the worst shot in all of basketball.

"You see those top three teams. Golden State — do they work it [inside]? My brother in Houston, the biggest turnaround in the league — do they work it in? You can go get any computer and run what the best shots are and it will tell you the post-up is the worst shot in basketball. If you want to run down and try to get it [in the paint] to shoot over somebody, then you're beating analytics. The best shot in basketball is that corner three. The next-best shot in basketball is any other three. Other than free throws, which we try to do, when you get to the foul line, you score 1.5 points every time you go to the foul line in the pros. It just trickles down. It's the same thing for college kids..." - Dan D'Antoni

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, but...………..at least 2 of his three's were right on line and rimmed out. His feel for the game and his trigger for shooting are fine. He had a poor shooting night. There were also a few times he was wide open and passes to him got deflected. Those things happen. But he was where he needed to be to make a play. I want him on the floor for 30 min.

He took good shots. He missed them. That's been the story for several games now with him. And in some ways the team. I want him to get minutes and shoot his way out of this slump. He's going to be an absolute game changer when those shots fall, because I think he's so competitive that he doesn't take as many as he could right now.

Gaffney has to play more and look to score more. Give him minutes and green light him. He has better chemistry with Bouknight than Al does. He needs to come off the bench before Adams who is now playing like freshman Vital and trying to score every time he touches the ball.

Reaction Score
Take a look at Akok's shooting form. He's got a flying elbow which leads to inconsistency. The coaches have to work with him to fix that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom