2019 Minneapolis US Bank Stadium
2020 Atlanta Mercedes- Benz Stadium
2021 Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium
2022 New Orleans Mercedes-Benz Superdome
2023 Houston NRG Stadium
2024 Phoenix/Glendale University of Phoenix Stadium
2025 San Antonio Alamodome
2026 Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium

Lets go somewhere new. Atlanta 2020, NOLA 2022 and Phoenix 2024 would be my choices (other than every year).

Reaction Score
So dumb how the Giants/Jets didn't build a stadium with a retractable roof. They would easily be in the rotation for the Final Four/College Football Playoff/Super Bowl.

Why Can't New York Build a Great Stadium?

With MetLife, builders opted against a Cowboys-caliber scoreboard because they felt it would distract spectators from watching the game on the field, said one person involved in the building's planning. They also decided a retractable roof was impractical given how little use it would get and the already-steep price tag of the stadium. A retractable roof for MetLife would have cost around $800 million and another $5,000 a year to maintain, the person said.

Reaction Score
Why Can't New York Build a Great Stadium?

With MetLife, builders opted against a Cowboys-caliber scoreboard because they felt it would distract spectators from watching the game on the field, said one person involved in the building's planning. They also decided a retractable roof was impractical given how little use it would get and the already-steep price tag of the stadium. A retractable roof for MetLife would have cost around $800 million and another $5,000 a year to maintain, the person said.
Huge mistake. Look at AT&T Stadium for the cowboys. Events all year long.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Surprised Indianapolis gets two and there are none in LA.

Reaction Score
I’ve always heard that Indy is the best host for it. I’d also really like New Orleans.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Surprised Indianapolis gets two and there are none in LA.

Part of some NCAA payola related to the headquarters move from Kansas to Indy. No one would choose Indy twice without a huge payoff. Like Qatar/World Cup or any Olympic event.

Reaction Score
YEAR CITY VENUE
2023 Houston NRG Stadium

Lets go somewhere new. Atlanta 2020, NOLA 2022 and Phoenix 2024 would be my choices (other than every year).
Nobody does these big events better than New Orleans. Just don't want to wait that long.

Reaction Score
Huge mistake. Look at AT&T Stadium for the cowboys. Events all year long.
Sure, but only 1 super bowl, 1 final four, and 1 CFB championship. Not one of those events has been back. In fact there was an article in the local paper this weekend kind of alluding to the fact that they were fortunate to keep potential CFB semi-finals as it completely neglected the fact that no championship game is on the schedule. I'm sure NYC could be in a regular rotation due to it being NYC and all, but it's obviously not a case of build it and they will come, or maybe they will come once and not return.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
What? No Bridgeport?
Wasn't there one year where our women's team didn't leave the state of Connecticut until the final 4? Or am I imagining this?

Reaction Score
Wasn't there one year where our women's team didn't leave the state of Connecticut until the final 4? Or am I imagining this?
I believe thats every year. Usually its XL center then bridgeport last couple years at least...

Reaction Score
Nobody does these big events better than New Orleans. Just don't want to wait that long.
I've been to a bunch of Final Fours and New Orleans and San Antonio were the two best.

New Orleans is small enough to walk everywhere, plenty of bars and restaurants and nightlife. Also, there are enough hotels to satisfy everyone who wants to stay downtown and in the French Quarter. Last time I went to a Final Four in New Orleans I was surprised how cheap it was to stay at high end hotels. In Indianapolis there are limited amount of hotel rooms downtown and they jacked up the room rates so high it was insane.

San Antonio was great because it's small enough to walk everywhere and the River Walk was large enough to handle everyone with restaurants and bars but small enough that it was the main gathering spot for everyone, including current coaches and media people. Sat next to Boeheim for dinner one night (he only picked his nose once), had lunch next to Jay Bilas one day and Dick Vital another. Even had breakfast with the Oklahoma State team on Sunday morning of the 2004 Final Four. It was just a great time seeing everyone. In other places like Houston and Dallas it's so spread out that you don't see anyone and you hardly even know the Final Four is going on. Only negative to San Antonio is there aren't enough hotel rooms downtown.

Reaction Score
YEAR CITY VENUE
2023 Houston NRG Stadium

2019, take it to the Bank.

Reaction Score
So dumb how the Giants/Jets didn't build a stadium with a retractable roof. They would easily be in the rotation for the Final Four/College Football Playoff/Super Bowl.

To think MetLife cost $500,000 More than AT&T is absolutely insane. I know labor is much more expensive up here, but the 2 don't compare. AT&T stadium feels like a 5 star hotel while MetLife is a set of bleachers in the meadowlands.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sat next to Boeheim for dinner one night (he only picked his nose once)
This my friends is what makes the BY great. Lol'd at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom