Final Poll | The Boneyard

Final Poll

Reaction Score
If Texas A&M beats SC and then wins the SEC Tourney, they should be the #1 overall seed.
If they go down but Stanford runs the table, they should be #1

if they both go down, UCONN should be #1.

Reaction Score
Everybody had their chances to snatch that #1 overall seed. Some got there and lost it. Overall the country has Covid brain with inconsistency the rule not the exception.
The best WCBB program in history, with 7 freshmen and a heck of a lot of good fortune has ascended to the #1 overall seed. Good luck taking it away.
BTW there's more blood-letting to come before the start of the tournament. I bet things conveniently work themselves out, like Louisville beating NC State, SC beating A&M.......
Crap I gotta get home- something's gunna happen tonight. Go Zona!

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Presuming no seeding for geography, the only distinction that matters is who the fourth #1 is, as that team has to play the overall #1 in the final four. And in a season like this, with no '14-'16 Stewwie-type teams, seeding matters much less than showing up when it counts. Whoever wins will have had to beat multiple great (but not perfect teams) regardless of their seeding. The rest is pretty academic.

ETA: and if you want to sweat about something, sweat about covid protocols at the conference tournaments and in San Antonio. My real worry is an untimely outbreak sending a team home early and unjustly, not a slight in the seeding process.

Reaction Score
Presuming no seeding for geography, the only distinction that matters is who the fourth #1 is, as that team has to play the overall #1 in the final four. And in a season like this, with no '14-'16 Stewwie-type teams, seeding matters much less than showing up when it counts. Whoever wins will have had to beat multiple great (but not perfect teams) regardless of their seeding. The rest is pretty academic.

ETA: and if you want to sweat about something, sweat about covid protocols at the conference tournaments and in San Antonio. My real worry is an untimely outbreak sending a team home early and unjustly, not a slight in the seeding process.
The key will be if they fulfill a proper S curve and have the weakest 2 (#8) with the top #1 seed. Right now, 5-6-7 are SC, Lville and Baylor with Maryland 8. The Terps are good, but would probably rather get them in a regional final than one of the other three. But there’s more time for those seedlings to change.

Reaction Score

Keeping top 16 conference foes in separate "regions" may still distort the S curve but a lot less than normal. Too me the key edge in being the overall #1 is in the E8. For the #3 & #4 overall seeds the E8 games against the overall #5 & #6 teams can be as tough as the championship game. Then again, the top 6 have been playing musical chairs so whose to say how the E8 games will evolve.

Reaction Score
Lobo must be very confused after seeing this thread ...lol

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A strong case can be made for A&M #1 overall, especially if they beat SC twice before the NCAAs. I kind of doubt that happens though....A&M looks vulnerable and I think they drop at least 1 meeting. The overall #1 seed is somewhat meaningless this year since there aren't the usual 3-4 teams that are a cut above the rest like we've seen the past decade. I dont see any team as a Final Four lock or even an Elite 8 lock.

Reaction Score
A strong case can be made for A&M #1 overall, especially if they beat SC twice before the NCAAs. The overall #1 seed is somewhat meaningless this year since there aren't the usual 3-4 teams that are a cut above the rest like we've seen the past decade. I dont see any team as a Final Four lock or even an Elite 8 lock.
UConn was #1 in the last reveal, but some of it is based on computer rankings and we hit the worst stretch of our schedule. So we could definitely fall without a loss.

Reaction Score
If Texas A&M beats SC and then wins the SEC Tourney, they should be the #1 overall seed.
If they go down but Stanford runs the table, they should be #1

if they both go down, UCONN should be #1.
Said nobody ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom