Final Four Roll Call | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Four Roll Call

Reaction Score
Yes on San Antonio and there is no second place.
Agreed. I've said it before, San Antonio is small enough where everything is within walking distance. And just big enough to provide enough bars and restaurants for everyone. Especially since everyone was congregated down at The Riverwalk so that was fun. Places like Dallas and Houston are just too spread out to have a central place for everyone.

Reaction Score
Never been to a Final 4 or any other round of the NCAA tournament. I don't like big arenas much, unless I can find an affordable seat the gets me close...

And I can barely put up with the gigantic stadiums on TV and would never want to pay $1000 or more to sit 30 miles from the floor at one of those places.

I watch college and pro on TV and go to high-school in person.

Reaction Score
I watch college and pro on TV and go to high-school in person.
Best seat in the house is the seat in the house close to the large flat screen HD TV with good sound from the soundbar.

Good announcers fill in the details of the game with narration of their memories that resonate with your lifetime recollections.

If you can't handle the stress of watching with sound, mute the sound and figure out for yourself what defense is being used to handle the other team's schemes. Revel in the dunks and precision passes to your team's players.

Don't want to plane to a location to see the Alps, see them on YouTube on the Roku while you ride your exercise bike and listen to rock, ska, boogie woogie, electro swing, or the music of your choice.

I get it! I'm with you on this.

Reaction Score
2024 was my first
I waited a long time it was an amazing experience
I also went to Storrs for their first game of the year against Northern A
I went to the regional in 2009 (Glendale) and the final 2024 (Glendale).
i was leaving my Community yesterday in Gilbert
A Black Mercedes in front of me at the gate‘s plate was
HuskyAZ .I thought for a second it might be you.
But it did give me an idea
I think my next plate will be AZHuskies

Reaction Score
Agreed. I've said it before, San Antonio is small enough where everything is within walking distance. And just big enough to provide enough bars and restaurants for everyone. Especially since everyone was congregated down at The Riverwalk so that was fun. Places like Dallas and Houston are just too spread out to have a central place for everyone.
'Lil Woodrow's in Houston was a GREAT gathering place that was open and free to ALL Husky fans before and after each of the 2023 F4 games. This year's gathering place (whatever it's name was) had limited entry for which one had to cough up $75 per person per game day. After the Saturday game there was a $10 cover charge to get in and drink, and on Monday after the game the place was so crowded there was line that was probably an hour wait to get in. I would take Houston over Phoenix anytime. Unfortunately Houston is not on the F4 Venue List for any of the next 10 years. Hopefully, SA is more like Houston than Phoenix.

Reaction Score
'Lil Woodrow's in Houston was a GREAT gathering place that was open and free to ALL Husky fans before and after each of the 2023 F4 games. This year's gathering place (whatever it's name was) had limited entry for which one had to cough up $75 per person per game day. After the Saturday game there was a $10 cover charge to get in and drink, and on Monday after the game the place was so crowded there was line that was probably an hour wait to get in. I would take Houston over Phoenix anytime. Unfortunately Houston is not on the F4 Venue List for any of the next 10 years. Hopefully, SA is more like Houston than Phoenix.
San Antonio had a bunch of bars and restaurants along the Riverwalk. And everyone - media, current D1 head coaches, former players, etc. - were walking around down there. We were talking smack with Georgia Tech fans on Sunday night. It was fun ribbing each other. We ate dinner one night next to the table with Jim Boeheim (fwiw he didn't pick his nose once). We had lunch next to Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale and spoke to them. I spoke to John Thompson for a minute just walking around. We had breakfast on Saturday morning and the Oklahoma State team was in the buffet line with us. We wished them good luck and said we hope we play them on Monday.

It was fun because everyone was down hanging out at the Riverwalk. There wasn't just one bar for UConn fans like you're talking about in Houston. Was that place near the stadium? Everything in San Antonio was walkable to get to, as long as you stayed downtown. To me this is what a Final Four should be.

San Antonio is hosting again in 2025.

Reaction Score
San Antonio had a bunch of bars and restaurants along the Riverwalk. And everyone - media, current D1 head coaches, former players, etc. - were walking around down there. We were talking smack with Georgia Tech fans on Sunday night. It was fun ribbing each other. We ate dinner one night next to the table with Jim Boeheim (fwiw he didn't pick his nose once). We had lunch next to Jay Bilas and Dick Vitale and spoke to them. I spoke to John Thompson for a minute just walking around. We had breakfast on Saturday morning and the Oklahoma State team was in the buffet line with us. We wished them good luck and said we hope we play them on Monday.

It was fun because everyone was down hanging out at the Riverwalk. There wasn't just one bar for UConn fans like you're talking about in Houston. Was that place near the stadium? Everything in San Antonio was walkable to get to, as long as you stayed downtown. To me this is what a Final Four should be.

San Antonio is hosting again in 2025.
'Lil Woodrow's was not next to the stadium but in a area of town with lots of trendy bars. It was 3 blocks from a lite-rail station that went to the Stadium. Other than Cap'n Benny's on the Half-Shell Oyster Bar there is not much within walking distance to the Houston Stadium.

Reaction Score
Here’s the real question for this thread…

Anyone pay for their last two years by simply betting on UConn and rolling it over?

Reaction Score
Was at 2004, 2014 and 2023. Agree with San Antonio being the best, but I'm really surprised they are going back there. At less than 49000 seats, the facility is only about 2/3 the size of the stadiums that they have been using. Gonna be even more difficult to get tickets through the school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom